PART 5: "We'll be with you all the way bro."

---After lunch, the couple called the gang for a weekend coffee-slash-emergency meeting at the loft. Blake, Rain and Taylor couldn't make it so they'll just join via Zoom. Yeo came in last because he just finished a session with his therapist. The doughnuts Max ordered just came in time when their coffee brewed. They're all sitting around the island counter with Max's iPad on one corner where the other three are via Zoom.

Max: Alright. (puts Arya on his lap) What's up with the urgent meeting? (gives her a doughnut)

Syd: Okay. So. Rocky and I just had lunch at my parents' house. And while I'm trying to look for something in our basement, I found this (shows paper) on my dad's stuff. (gives it to AG)

---AG unfolds the paper and was surprised to see his ID printed on it. Yeo and Max who were sitting next to him peeked at the paper.

AG: H-how come he has my ID?

---Syd and Rocky just smiled.

AG: (eyebrows furrowed) Hang on. (tries to recall) Uncle Steven is neither a doctor nor a cop so...

---And then some memories flash in over and over. Him being hit; him running away; a man grabbing his arm and asking if he was okay; and the camera pans to the man's face - a younger Steven talking to him and saying "Let's get you to the hospital. You're badly hurt." Back to present.

AG: Uncle Steven is the man who rushed me to the hospital???

Syd: (nods) Mm-hm.

Yeo: (amazed) Whoa!

AG: (scoffs) Wow. Seriously guys, I don't know if I should be saying this but...but it's kind of amazing.

Max: Yeah I mean- come on, this may sound cheesy, but I guess we're all meant to meet each other.

Rocky: I totally agree.

Blake: (on Zoom) Wow, what a small world huh.

Rain: (on Zoom) Oh I can't wait to tell Soph about this.

Yeo: Okay so (reads paper) is this the car that hit him?

Syd: Yes and that's another thing we discovered. We need you to confirm it though.

Yeo: (looks at them) Me???

Rocky: Yeah. (points) Check the date here and (points) the car details here.

---It was dated 12 September 2007.

Rocky: Uncle Steven said he followed up on AG's case and found out that the driver died of a heart attack while driving - the reason why he accidentally hit AG and then crashed onto the lamp post.

---Yeo's eyebrows furrowed. And then he shuts his eyes as memories start to come back. He remembered hitting someone before their car crashed onto the post. The camera zooms out of the car - showing a silver BMW sedan and the plate number.

Yeo: (teary-eyed)(looks at Syd and Rocky) It was dad's car.

---Syd and Rocky nod. And then he looks at AG. After a while...

Yeo: I'm sorry bro. I am so sorry.

---AG did not say a thing. Instead, he pulled Yeo and gave him a tight hug.

AG: (taps his back) It was never your fault, nor your dad's. You never have to say sorry bro.

---Rocky is teary-eyed too. Syd comforts his girl. Clueless of what's going on, Arya just leaned on her dad's chest while everyone's hugging. Max smiles and hugs his girl.

Taylor: (on Zoom) So. I guess this answers everything about Yeo's condition?

---They all looked at the screen.

Taylor: So you said, you started getting nightmares last year. If I recall it correctly, that was the same month as AG told us about his shoulder condition. That may be one of the things that triggered your trauma bro.

Rain: He actually has a point. Maybe you're just totally unaware that the situations around you are starting to trigger your trauma little by little, until that incident happened last time with the kid hitting your car.

Blake: (checking his phone) And that was your dad's death anniversary. (shows his phone) I know because that was the day I was in a meeting that I couldn't get to the hospital when you had a panic attack.

Yeo: (sighs) Right.

---Then there was a moment of silence.

Rocky: Now that we know about this, we don't expect this to be over. You'd still need to see your psychologist once in a while just to make sure you're doing well. (holds Yeo's hand) What's important is that you know what triggers you now and there must be a way you could fight it when it attacks you. (smiles) And we'll be with you all the way bro.

---Yeo smiles. After their meeting, Yeo and AG are having their moment at the balcony. They're just sitting there, looking at the sunset while having beer.

Yeo: (sighs deeply) It's funny that we keep on discovering stuff like this.

---AG looks at him.

Yeo: You know, bumping into each other when we were younger and actually finding each other a few years later.

AG: (smiles) Ahh. (exhales sharply) And keeping each other for more than a decade now.

---Yeo smiles.

Yeo: I'm still lucky. I may have lost my dad, but I gained you guys. You were like-

AG: Stop right there.

Yeo: (snorts) Why?

AG: I feel like you're gonna say we're like a "father figure" to you.

---Yeo burst into laughter.

AG: (disappointed) Ah, I always get it right. (hits his arm) Hey!

---Yeo couldn't stop laughing. When he finally did...

Yeo: (raises bottle) To our brotherhood.

AG: (smiles) To our brotherhood. (raises bottle)

---They clinked their bottles and gulped their beer. Yeo's succeeding sessions went great. From time to time, one of his friends would go with him. He sure has one hell of a support system.