Chapter 3

They made their way back to the house, and got out to attend their boss' funeral. As they approached the casket, Victoria could sense someone behind them. As they looked over the body of their father figure, Victoria turned around to see Fabio's son, Paolo, glaring daggers into her brother's back. While Vincenzo stayed behind, Victoria followed Paolo out the door to the large courtyard.

"Good morning, Victoria." Paolo said, staring out at the large grassy field in front of them.

"What do you want, Paolo?" she said immediately.

"Nothing much. Just that you ask your brother to be more respectful to me." he answered.

"And why would he do that?" she questioned.

"Because I'm now his boss." Paolo said matter-of-factly.

"You think that matters? You're always careless when you take care of things. You never listened to father's rules of harming the innocent and when you make a mess, others have to clean it for you because you're too lazy." Victoria said bluntly.

"He was my father, Victoria. Not yours." Paolo said viciously.

"And yet he never treated you like you were. You weren't raised as his. That's why father always preferred mine and Vince's decisions over yours. Because we were smart." Victoria shot back.

"You're treading in dangerous waters, Victoria Cassano." Paolo said quietly.

"I'll take my chances." Victoria said coldly.

"What's going on?" Vincenzo entered the courtyard and approached the pair.

"Nothing." Paolo said. Quiet. Victoria pulled a lighter out of her pocket and lit it up, staring at the small flame dancing around.

"You know you could've waited until after the funeral to do that." Paolo said after a couple minutes. Victoria rolled her eyes, closing the lighter and put it back in her pocket.

"It was his last order. He told me to take care of it as soon as possible." Vincenzo answered stonely.

"Even so, burning down the entire vineyard was stupid." Paolo berated.

"You'd know all about stupidity, wouldn't you?" Victoria said bluntly.

"Victoria." Vincenzo said warningly. Victoria rolled her eyes. "He said I could use any means necessary to get it done." he added, returning to the conversation between him and Paolo.

"Right. My father always trusted your decisions, but never trusted mine." Paolo said disdainfully.

"Because you were always careless when you took care of things." Vincenzo said, repeating Victoria's exact words spoken only moments before. "You went against his word, no matter what, we do not harm women or children." he added, referring to that night. Paolo burned out the top of his cigarette into the ash tray on the table. He leaned forward toward Vincenzo.

"Vincenzo. My friend. My brother. Now that I'm your boss, I'd like to see you be more loyal." he said strictly. Victoria smirked and rolled her eyes.

"Paolo. My brother. I am always ready to show my loyalty to you as long as you deserve it." Vincenzo said back. He and Victoria then walked off, leaving Paolo alone in the courtyard.

"I need you to go do something." Vincenzo told his sister once they had entered his room, turning to glance over at his desk as he said so.

Victoria nodded and went to the desk, pulling out the bomb placed underneath.

"Remember to get the plane ready." Victoria added.

"Of course. Just make sure that gets put in the right spot. I'll take care of rest." Vincenzo told her.

Later that night, Victoria dressed in a simple pair of black jeans with a black shirt and jacket.

She tucked a gun into the leg holster around her thigh along with a knife. In her jacket pockets, she tucked a gun silencer and a pocket knife.

She pulled her shoes on and went to hide behind the door to her closet, which was directly parallel to the entrance to her room and waited

While playing around with the knife around her neck in wait, the door to her bedroom opened. The sound of silenced gunshots rang through the air and Victoria watched as they shot at the pillow she had set up under the covers, shooting through covers and at the pillow.

What a waste of good bedding. she thought to herself. She opened her knife and watched as the henchmen threw the sheets back to reveal the destroyed pillow.

Silently, she opened the door of her closet and sliced the closest person in the throat with the knife. Dodging a gun pointed at her by one of the other goons, she ran behind another goon and used his large body as a shield to block the other gunshots. She pulled her gun out of the leg holster and shot the goon in the stomach, making him fall to the ground. She threw aside the body of the dead man and crouched down next to the goon that was holding his stomach to prevent him from bleeding out.

"Oh, Marco. Looking for me?" she asked slyly. Marco didn't answer. Victoria slid the flat of the blade across his neck. "Tell Paolo he can go fuck himself." she added.

She raised the knife and stabbed the him straight in the eye.