Chapter 4

Later that night, Victoria left the Cassano manor in private and Luca drove her to the airport. When she got there, Luca lead her to the terminal where the plane she would be leaving from was situated.

"All your luggage has been taken ahead and Mr. Cho should be getting it soon to be positioned at the place you'll be staying." Luca informed her. He handed her a plane ticket and her passport, both of which she took.

"Be careful, alright? Considering what's going to happen next, Paolo might be a little hard on you for the next couple of weeks." Victoria said. Luca gave her a reassuring smile.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry, I'll warn you and your brother if ever Paolo thinks of doing something to you." he assured her. Victoria chuckled before leaning up and giving Luca a kiss on the cheek.

"Just stay alive." she said, patting his shoulder. Luca laughed and the pair hugged before Victoria set off for the plane flight.

She entered the terminal and sat down in the chair closest to the boarding tunnel. She pulled out airpods and played some music. A few minutes later, a man sat down next to her.

"You're late."

"You're covered in blood."

The siblings entered the plane and entered first class, sitting down to adjust themselves.

"What time is it?" Vincenzo asked her. She looked at her watch.

"He should be coming home from the event by now." she answered. At those words, Vincenzo pulled his phone from his pocket while Victoria pulled a small remote from her purse.

He called Paolo and put it on speaker. The siblings waited for a few seconds before the line was picked up.

"Did you enjoy the party?" Vincenzo asked.

"Vincenzo." Paulo said angrily. There was barking in the background.

"I can hear Payan barking. You must be headed towards the door." Vincenzo said, picking up the glass of wine.

"How did you-"

"Oh right. Let me apologize in advance. I know that it's your favorite car." Victoria pressed the button and there was an explosion in the background. She leaned into the phone.

"By the way, Paolo. You should know better than to send the people that I personally trained to try and kill me. That was a dumb idea. And just remember. We didn't kill you out of respect for Fabio. And this will be the last time. We're leaving Italy and will never come back. Don't look for us. The next time you try to find us, the car will explode before you get off." She sipped from her glass and set it down.

Paolo growled at her into the phone and she smirked.

"Oh, Paolo." she said with fake sympathy. "I knew you didn't deserve to be the boss."