A.B & J.J | J.J's Bucket List

Pairings: Andy Barber X assistant!reader X Jake Jensen
Plot: Your best friend wants to do a little experiencing with his sex life; he never did mention that you were part of the experiment.
Warnings: implied smut, sexual themes, language!
Word Count: 2.6 k words

⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️

"Police just dropped by with some very interesting evidence for our Ellie Smith case," you call as you entered the office, your heels clicking behind you as you drop the small red cooler you were carrying around all morning on your boss' desk, walking back to hang your coat on the wooden coat hanger by the door.

"Amuse me." Andy hummed from his chair, writing off the last few notes before letting his eyes flicker up to meet yours, giving you all the attention you thought you wouldn't get at the moment, especially with how much this current case has preoccupied his mind.

But god, you could waste all the time in the world staring at those pretty blue eyes given a chance and not have any regrets.

"A severed penis."

Definitely not thinking of that as you do, but hey, work was work. Strictly work.

"And here I thought you brought us some lunch." a deep chuckle resonated from deep within his chest, causing involuntary little shivers to run up your spine like little snakes, the surprise stampede causing your breath to hitch in your throat, which you cover with a fake cough.

"Not that you ever eat it," you retort playfully. Andy sends you a playful glare as you plop back down on your desk, turning on your chair to face him. "About lunch though, a friend's coming over to give me some 'way-too-important-to-be-shared-through-the-phone' news, and he's bringing the lunch, so I asked him to double for you."

Andy sends you a teasing smirk, which has you confused and unadmittedly slightly aroused, which is not the point, but nonetheless, happening. When you're a good-looking, freshly divorced district attorney and smirking like you know every dirty little secret at somebody, a little fear and anticipation prove to make excellent foreplay. "You sure he's just a friend, honey?"

Scratch that, a good-looking, freshly divorced, flirty district attorney.

Andy Barber, aren't you just full of fuckin' surprises today, you good-for-nothing, son of a—

Your cellphone rings, interrupting your train of thought and your actual response. And it's Jake. You roll your eyes and stand up, smiling apologetically at Andy as you hold your phone to your chest in hopes of muffling the rings. "That's lunch; I'll just–"

"You can bring him in if you'd like."

That sentence startled you so much that it had you plopping your ass back in your seat in disbelief. Andy did not like it when people were in his office unless it was to discuss a case or if someone was actually dying, so his offering to bring in Jake well concerned his being. Not as much of a social butterfly as you'd expect from a lawyer; people were just that kind of pain in the ass he wanted to be done and dealt with. You, however, were an exception because you were a helpful pain in his ass.

"Oh, no, no– it's okay, Jake will be in and out, I—"

Andy cuts you off. "You never know what news he could be bringing you. He couldn't share it through the phone, so it might as well be important." Andy grinned as he collected a few folders and his trusty yellow, blue-lined notepad while you were still trying to wrap your head around what he was saying at the moment. "I have to grab a few things in Lynn's office anyway. And hey, I'll even knock."