twitterpated | 11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

"What's your favorite ice-cream flavor?"

Aiden's lips tugged down in thought.

"Well, actually, I like all ice-cream flavours but rum and raisin"

Matias hummed as he took in the information, the sound deep and rich.

"What's yours?" Aiden asked as he adjusted the books in his hands.

"well, same as you, I like them all. But I think I like caramel the most"

Aiden chuckled " I mean it is a good flavour"

"a really good flavour" Matias corrected making Aiden chuckle once again.

Heading to the last class period of the day, the conversation between the two males had started with teasing before growing into a small twenty questions like game to help pass the time.

"you know" Aiden began, dragging out the words "we could get ice-cream after school. there's this ice-cream shop a few minutes from here"

Matias smiled and Aiden already knew what the answer would be "sure I don't mind. besides, I've been meaning to take you somewhere after school anyway"

Aiden raised a brow at that, though, his heart reacted differently to the new information, increasing its beating despite the male's efforts to not grow excited

It was a friendly gesture, he constantly reminded himself.

"o-oh. great" to distract himself from his warming cheeks, Aiden looked ahead, sighing as his classroom came into sight "oh look, I guess this is where we part"

Matías frowned though Aiden couldn't figure out why "I guess it is. Well, see you after class buttercup" a wink was dropped and then he was gone

Aiden opened his mouth and closed it a few times before chuckling, a small smile gracing his lips.

Buttercup, huh?
__________________

"This place is so fucking cute" Aiden commented for the fourth time that minute.

"As you've said before, yes Aiden. It is" Matìas chuckled making the male blush.

Jeez Aiden, calm yourself for fucks sakes.

The sun shone brightly in the sky, warming the day with its rays.

Today was perfect, with no clouds in sight and a warm wind silently passing every now and again.

The perfect weather for ice-cream.

"Hi, welcome to Frosties, what can I get 'cha?" The male behind the counter smiled at them as they entered.

'Aw, he's cute' Aiden thought before his attention was set elsewhere.

"Hey. Can I get two large cones. One with two scoops of caramel ice cream and chocolate and he'll be getting a-?" Matias' gaze turned to Aiden who was too busy gazing at the different assorted flavours set on display to notice that they were waiting for him to answer