8- Panic attack

TW: Panic attack (I guess you can figure that out by the title)

A disclaimer is at the end so I would appreciate it if you read it but you don't have to.

Anyways enjoy the chapter!

As George woke up he took a while to work out his surroundings but remembered where he was after a second of thinking. He had been sleeping while sitting up and resting his head on... what am I resting my head on?  On Dream's shoulder! George's eyes widened in surprise as he looked around the room to see Karl, Quackity and Sapnap asleep on the couch. The others must have left already. The brunette took out his phone to look at the time, being careful not to wake Dream with his movements. 4:00am.

Slowly, George wriggled from Dream's grasp, feeling embarrassed that he cuddled up to him. We are just friends. Just like you told Tommy earlier. Friends. George smiled at the word. Really the only friends he had right now were Bad and his boyfriend Skeppy- if you could even count him as a friend- so it felt good to make a new one.

George yawned as he thought, suddenly realising how tired he was. He was struggling to resist the urge to cuddle with Dream again. He was so warm and comfy and George was so tired.

Fine, I'll use him as a pillow but just for the warmth. Nothing else.

He slowly rested his head on the blonde's shoulder being as gentle and light as possible. However Dream was slightly slouched so when George started getting even more tired, he rested his head in a comfier position on Dream's chest, taking in the vanilla smell of his hoodie.

Maybe I do have feelings for- NO! I can't let myself think like that! The last time that happened it didn't turn out well.

Suddenly he felt uneasy and slightly sick so he got up, not caring anymore if he woke up Dream. He found his way to the bathroom and managed to close the door and lock it just before falling against the wall and sliding down it, hugging his knees in the process.

Dream isn't like Zack. He would never hurt me. George comforted himself. But that's what I said about him too before we started dating. And then look what happened.

A tear ran down his face as he thought about it. These sorts of thoughts went in and out of his head in a flash for a minute or two.

I barely even know Dream- even less than Zack when I went to his house for the first time- yet I'm at his apartment and even worse, cuddling with him! 

George started hyperventilating as he thought and even more tears flowed down his face.

And he doesn't even like me. I just made a complete fool of myself when I went to sleep on him. Everyone would've seen me do that. I can't imagine how awkward  and embarrassing that must've been for Dream, having to put up with me.

He hit his head against the wall making a loud 'bang' sound.

Ugh I'm so annoying.

He hit his head again, harder this time.

I'm ugly and annoying and I can't take care of myself.

By this time his tears had stopped and he was just focusing in the pain.

Nobody wants me. Nobody loves me. Just like Zack said.

This time he hit his head even harder than the previous times, making his head spin with dizziness. Then there was a knock at the door. George froze.

"George?" It was Dream's voice. "Please reply George, I want to help."

"O-oh hi Dream" George was wiping his tears and looking in the mirror at his red eyes and blotchy face. "Uh- sorry I woke you."

"Are you okay? I thought I heard crying and then... banging? Can you open the door?"

"Uh n-no I wasn't crying" He opened the door which clearly showed that he had in fact been crying when Dream saw his bloodshot eyes and puffy cheeks. "And the banging... I'm super clumsy. I knocked some things off the shelf over there." He pointed to it. "I tried to put them back in the same place but I'm sorry if I got it wrong.

George was clearly lying and Dream could tell but he could also see that George didn't want to talk about it right now. I'll just ask him another time when he's ready to tell me.

"Why don't we go on a walk. I think I need some fresh air." Dream asked pretending it was him who needed the fresh air, even though he knew George needed it much more.

"Alright" George smiled weakly in response.

~743 words~

You don't have to read this a/n if you don't want to because it's sort of long but I'd appreciate it if you did.

Okay so if that chapter didn't make sense basically George was cuddling with Dream but then he started getting flashbacks from a toxic/ abusive relationship he had been in. He started having a panic attack but Dream snapped him out of it.

Now for the disclaimer: 

I am not trying to romanticise mental illnesses in any way. George suffers from anxiety in this story but that isn't the main plot, it's just a little side thing I guess.

I really hate it how many DNF fanfics give George some sort of mental illness. The amount of fanfics I've read that make George attempt suicide is unreal. (I'm not trying to hate on those fanfics btw. If it works for the plot then it's fine.) So I know I'm sort of being a hypocrite giving George anxiety and panic attacks but it just works for the story. Just so you know, George will not try to take his own life in this story. Don't worry it wont get that dark.

That was long but I felt like I should mention that.

-Esme