CHAPTER 11

SOOOOO here's another chappyy!! :D Hope you enjoy. please don't forget to comment and vote

-Mercedes <3

also there's a picutre of Delilah on the side ------>

CHAPTER 11

“TRY-OUTS!” Dylan shouted in my ear while I was at my locker getting my books.

“Ow!” I said grabbing my ear. I playfully slapped his arm and headed off to class. I had biology first period. I was extremely excited about dissecting frogs today.

I walked into the room to see some girls whining to each other.

“I don’t want to dissect frogs. That’s like utterly gross” I heard one wail. I rolled my eyes and took my seat next to David.

“Ready for today?” I asked him.

“I was born ready” he smirked at me. I sighed and watched as Drew casually walked into class a second before the bell rang.

We got to choose our own groups. David and Drew instantly linked arms with me. We walked over to the table and there was a dead frog on its back in a tray and tools beside it. David, Drew, and I all got to work.

We were done before everyone else so we sat down and watched everyone else freak out. I covered my mouth from laughing too loud when a guy fainted when the frog guts got on his shirt.

The rest of the day went by in a blur. The realization of soccer tryouts was only 30 minutes away.  I was so nervous and excited at the same time. 

Finally the bell rang and I rushed to my locker to put my books away. I grabbed some pair of shorts and a t-shirt and my soccer cleats and went to the girls’ locker room to change.  When I walked in I saw Delilah putting away her clothes that she wore today and had her try-out clothes on.

“Hey, you ready to kick some butt out there today?” I asked changing into my shorts.

“Totally” she smiled. I finished changing and put my stuff in my locker before heading out with my best friend. When we walked out on the field it was divided so that the boys were on one side and the girls on the other.

Delilah and I were warming up and kicking the ball back and forth when Eric came walking over to us.

“Hey guys” he said with his head down. “The list came up today” he said with his head still hung down.

“Oh Eric, I’m so sorry.” I came over to him and gave him a hug. That’s why I didn’t want him to try-out in the first place. I don’t like seeing my best friend this hurt.

“Why?” he looked up smiling. I gave him a confused look.

“I made the team” he picked me up and twirled me around

“Jerk, you tricked me” I laughed. He put me down and hugged me again. Then he turned to Delilah and hugged her too.

 “I’ll be on the bleachers cheering you on.” he winked. He gave me one last hug and kissed my cheek before heading up to the bleachers. I watched him as he went over and sat beside Dylan, and… Christopher? What was he doing here? Before I could question any further Drew came over.

“Good luck, though you two won’t need it, you’ll kick ass” he smiled at Delilah and I.

“Thanks Drew, you too” I smiled and gave him a hug. Delilah gave him a hug too before he went back over to his side. After he was gone she turned and looked at me

“It feels like grade 6 all over again” she joked referring about Drew when he wasn’t a jerk.

“Yeah well something tells me that grade 6 is coming again” I smiled looking in Drew’s direction. I saw David and waved at him. He saw me and waved back. Delilah turned around and waved at David as well. He saw her and his face lit up. He waved back at her before kicking the ball to Drew. I looked over at Delilah who was blushing. I shook my head and laughed.