CHAPTER 15

Heeeeyyy, srry for the long update, buuuut here's another chapter :) and it's nice and long for ya ;p

Picture of Lori's mom on the side ---------->

Read, enjoy, comment, vote :D

CHAPTER 15

It’s been three weeks since I overheard Delilah and Eric’s conversation. I didn’t say anything to either of them because part of me really didn’t want to know who Eric had feelings for. Just the thought makes me sick and rage with jealousy and that scared me. Plus I barely see him anymore. Football and soccer were pulling us apart. We never have time for each other like we used to. But something strange was up with him. He never comes over anymore; he’s always too tired after practice to hang out or has too much homework. He doesn’t even stay after practice to walk home together. Delilah gives me rides after practice because she doesn’t want me walking home alone.  And last weekend when I asked if he wanted to go see a movie he looked pained like it was killing him not to see me but at the same time, he looked guilty and sad. He’s been acting very distant lately and I didn’t like it.  We’re best friends and we tell each other everything…or at least we used to. 

Today I felt like skateboarding to school. Eric has practice every morning and I don’t like walking to school alone. I arrived at school 20 minutes before the bell.  I decided to go and watch Eric at practice. I put my skateboard in my locker and made my way over to the football field. The boys were really at it. It was intense to watch them play. Their first home game they had they won by 14 points. I was so proud of them.

 I sat on the bleachers alone and watched as Eric ran down the field dodging everyone and scoring a touchdown. I smiled proudly. When their practice was over I went back to my locker to get my books for my first period. When I turned around I smacked into something hard. A pair of arms caught me before my butt made contact with the ground. I opened my eyes to see Eric staring down at me. My heart started to speed up and all the anger I had to him went away. I embraced him into a big hug and wanted this moment to last forever. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. After we let go his eyes held happiness. I smiled brightly at him but my smile faltered when I remembered that he has been ignoring me.

“Where have you been?” I questioned. His smile dropped and his eyes held sadness.

“I’ve been busy…with homework and stuff” he said looking away.

“But that’s never stopped you before from always barging into my house unannounced” I laughed lightly at the memories. He smiled but it didn’t reach his eyes.

“What are you not telling me fuzzy?” I used the nickname I used to call him when we were kids. His eyes glistened and it looked like he was about to cry. He blinked a couple of times and gave me a weak smile.

“It’s nothing, don’t worry about it” he said in a monotone. My eyes started to water as I felt the hurt in my heart.

“Too late” I hissed before walking away from him.

I didn’t feel like sitting next to him in calculus so I sat in the front by a girl no one liked because she thought she was better than everyone. Let’s just say I had better days in math.

During biology I didn’t pay attention to anything. Drew had to nudge me a couple of times for me to pay attention. At the end of the day I was heading to my locker but someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into an empty room.

“Hey” I said abruptly. I turned around to see a very concerned Drew.

“What” I sighed. I didn’t have time for his games, I had soccer practice.