9- Beach night

I wrote this chapter while listening to lovejoy! Just felt like sharing that information

Btw I really enjoy reading the comments so please comment something (as long as it's not toxic obviously)

Enjoy this chapter!

Weirdly, neither Dream or George were tired despite it being almost 4:30 in the morning. Dream led George outside and they climbed into Dream's car without saying a word. George had no idea where they were going but he wasn't nearly as nervous as he was 20 minutes ago about Dream. Something about actually being with him seemed to calm him down in a way no one had done before.

Dream didn't really know where they were going either. He couldn't stop thinking about George. He thought he knew a lot about him (despite not knowing him for that long) but George had only told him the good parts about him. Not the bad. After all it doesn't exactly just come up in a conversation naturally like "By the way I had an abusive ex boyfriend and now I have PTSD because of him!"

Dream struggled to hold himself back from asking George what happened although he knew it may only make things worse so he managed not to. When he's ready I'll ask him about it. For a moment the blonde thought he was making too much of a big deal out of this. Everybody cries sometimes; it's just part of being a human. But the bashing sounds. What were they? It definitely wasn't things being knocked off the shelf, that's for sure.

"Where are we going?" George broke the silence with a quiet tone in his voice.

"Where do you want to go?" Dream replied matching the other's tone, almost in a whisper.

"The beach?" George suggested. It was still very dark but the beach sounded like a nice place to go and relax so Dream gave George a smile before making a U-turn and heading to the beach.

-------------Time skip-------------

When they got there they had completely woken up from their drowsiness which was weird for both of them because they usually enjoyed their sleep and were similar in the way they were usually grumpy in the mornings. As soon as the car stopped moving, George jumped out and ran towards the sea as if he had never seen the ocean before. The blonde laughed at the childish behaviour. He loved this side of George. He loved it maybe too much. 

Walking slowly toward the sea, Dream wanted to savour the moment, taking out his phone to get a picture of George and the scenery. His phone was on flash so that the photo wouldn't just be darkness but this made George notice.

"Are you taking a picture of me?"

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Let me see it" George replied without answering the question.

"No you'll just delete it!"

"No I wont... I just want to see it" George replied with a smile, edging closer to Dream. He was in fact intending to delete it and Dream could tell. Fuck, he can read me like a book. 

"You will delete it, I can see you moving closer to me! You're not fooling any body, Gogy!"

"What did you call me?" George laughed at the name and his cheeks turned red from embarrassment. 

"Gogy." He repeated before looking down at his phone to look at the picture of George. He made sure to keep the phone close to his chest so that he couldn't see it "Aw you look cute in this Gogy!"

"No I don't" George's cheeks became even more flushed. "Now give me that phone!" All of a sudden the brunette lunged for the phone but Dream seemed to be ready for this move so he stepped backwards and began running down the beach, parallel to the ocean.

George chased after him, trying to catch up. But he was no match for Dream who was getting further and further away by the second. The brunette's pace slowed to a walk and Dream noticed, turning around with a grin, knowing he had won. He knew from a Minecraft game the two had played a few days ago that George hates to lose. The brunette pouted and sat on the ground, worn out from all the running. Then when Dream reached him, he sat down next to him.

"I'm getting that framed to put in my bedroom" The Blonde said, half as a joke but he was actually considering it. George just scoffed at this comment.

"You really thought you could catch me, huh?" Dream boasted.

"To be fair, I ran as soon as I got out of the car so I was already tired when you started running."

"Okay. If it helps you sleep at night Gogy" There was a smug smirk on the blonde's face as he said this.

"Don't call me that" George's cheeks got red again.

"I can tell you like it. You're blushing" Dream laughed.

"I am not!"

"You are. And you were when I said it earlier too" Dream held in a wheeze as George turned away, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"Can we go swimming?" George tried changing the subject.

"What now? It's night time!"

"I know but it'll be morning soon and it's the middle of summer so it's boiling!"

"Why don't we do it tomorrow?" Dream suggested. He wasn't really in the mood for swimming right now.

"That's such a good idea! You could bring Karl, Quackity and Sapnap and I can bring Bad! He's been dying to meet you again! He didn't really speak to you much at the bar when we met but now that we've been talking more he really wants to get to know you better." George was suddenly extremely excited. Dream on the other hand had more of a 'just me and George' idea but he didn't mind bringing friends along when he heard George's enthusiasm.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" George asked suspiciously. Dream hadn't realised he'd been staring. A sudden rush of confidence went through him.

"You're just really pretty"

"You're an idiot, Dream" George joked, though they both knew he didn't really feel that way.

They sat so close that their arms were toughing. Neither of them realised that as the conversation was going on they each subconsciously edged closer to each other. 

The pair sat like this on the beach for another hour, watching as the sun rose in the sky.

~1045 words~

I can't wait to describe Dream with no shirt next chapter!

Anyways thanks for reading

If you like the story please consider voting and recommending to a friend as it would really help me out

Also this is really random but look at this emoji I found: 🦠 I think its bacteria or something but when would you ever need to use it?!

-Esme 👋🏽