Chapter One: You Think I'm Hot?

Monday morning and Bradley kindly offers to drop me off. It was a bit of a surprise when he asked me but then again I don't want to miss a free ride. It's better than being on the bus where you sit next to random strangers and you get all sort of moody drivers.

I know some point this week he'll ask me to return the favour. That's how well I know my brother, I'll be surprised if he doesn't.

His eyes fix onto me as I walk into the school building giving me a sly look which says 'have a good day Madeline.' His sarcastic voice lingers around in my head.

My usual routine is to meet Lydia and Lauren in the cafeteria then we all walk down to homeroom together.

Walking past through all the people, I manage to get to the cafeteria in one piece. Normal and alive. I hate walking past them, they always shout halfway down the corridor and shove you into other students. Trust me, I've experienced this one or two times.

"Madeline!" I hear Lydia shout as she leaps into my arms, giving me a deathening hug. She wraps her thin pale arms around me, hugging me so tight I'm up to the point where I can't breathe, "I've missed you!" She squeaks so loud that I'm afraid one of my eardrums have just popped.

"You saw me... yesterday." I struggle to say. I swear if she squeezes me any tighter my lungs will literally collapse. Meet Lydia Barker, the craziest girl I have ever came across post Lauren.

Lydia has curly strawberry blonde hair and cute freckles that'd cover up her cheeks everytime she blushed.

Me and Lydia became friends of basically being seated next to each other in History at the very start of High school. After we bumped into eachother in the library several times that's when we started hanging around with each other.

She is a whole lot smarter than me. A lot. Then that just leaves Lauren- speaking of the devil I can't see her.

"So? It doesn't mean I can't hug you!" She squeaks in a much higher voice. Ouch- my ears. And there goes the other ear drum.

***
"Lauren. Psst. Lauren!" I whisper loudly. She turns around and glares at me with her big emerald like green eyes.

"What?" She hisses and frowns at me.

"Where were you this morning?" I ask curiously as she wasn't in the cafeteria or homeroom. Which is really odd for Lauren as she's usually there before either me or Lydia.

She brings her brown wavy hair to the side and stares at me for a while before responding.

"I was late... Thanks to someone." She hisses once again and I immediately know who she's talking about.

It is really hard to communicate across Mr Harold's class as he could hear anything-even a pin drop. But since everyone is talking for a change it's not going to be easy to get caught. Everyone's frightened of Mr Harold and his bold head that's shiny enough you can literally see your reflection.

Lauren sits next to Lydia, she says if she sits next to me she wouldn't be able to 'concentrate.' When really she doesn't sit there for her own sake but the boy infront of her.

Kyle.

The guy who made her late this morning, I don't actually want to know why they were late in the first place. She is crazily in love with him, since the first day she saw him. He likes her too- but he's too scared to admit. Let's just say Lauren really isn't easy to talk to without getting pinned to the wall, no matter what you say. When you get in her good books she's a great friend.

There is a knock on the door, everything and everyone goes dead silent. Everyone's head turns in sync to look at the door.

There stands the hottest guy ever. I could literally hear a gasp escape every girls mouth in the room, maybe mine too.