Mall date♡ (Liam x reader)

AN: this is Liam x non-binary reader in this one shot y/n birth gender was female. Also we are assuming that you and Liam have already met before. That's it enjoy!!
P.S (all the bold points that aren't AN are texting)

*ding!* *ding ding* *ding*

"Ugh...what is that.?" You murmur only half awake, You pick your phone up from your bedside table the light helps you wake up.

Liam : hey dummy you wake?

Liam : are we still going to the mall       
                  like you said?

Liam : not like I care I'm just wondering.

Y/N: lol sorry I just got up! Pick me up in an hour?

Liam : ok yeah sure..see ya

Y/N: bye

You completely forgot about your date. You scramble out of bed and head to the bathroom to brush your hair. You put in it a small ponytail and move to brushing your teeth.

After you're done with everything in the bathroom you move on to your outfit. You take off your pajamas and strap on your binder and start planning your outfit.

"Hmmm...what should I dress like today..?"

You say talking to yourself as per usual and start by choosing between a light pink strawberry fluffy dress that goes slightly past your knees, or a black undershirt with a white vest and black ripped jeans.

"I think it's good weather for a dress."

You say as you slip on the dress, almost by instinct you move gracefully to the bathroom mirror and do a little twirl while holding the ends of yours dress. Then, as if on cue you hear a knock at the door.

"Coming..!"

You shout from the bathroom, hurrying to the front door downstairs. You open the door to see Liam standing there casually his phone in hand as he was about to text you. He's in a nice outfit of Navy blue jeans an open black cardigan with a white undershirt that's slight unbuttoned at the top along with two silver chains around his neck and Circular sunglasses on his head.

"Man I've been waiting for you for like 10 minutes."

"No you haven't!! You just knocked!"

"Well it felt like 10 minutes.."

he said mockingly. You let out an over exaggerated sigh and look up at him disappointedly to try to guilt him into apologizing. He purposely avoids your gaze and points his thumb to his car.

"Anyway, are we going or not?" He said snappingly

" of course! Let's go."
You say nodding along while locking the door behind you. As you make your way to the car you reach for Liams hand. As your hand tries to grasp his, he squirms a bit when they finally touch. He looks back at you for a second then the complete opposite Direction. But holds you hand back tightly and firm. As you both finally get into the car and head to the Mall where your day begins...

• • •

You walk into the Mall still holding hands with Liam as he still refuses to look you in the eyes. You point to a small ice cream shop looking like a little kid as you ask Liam if you both could get some before shopping around.

"Isn't it soon for ice cream? We just walked in"

" it's never too soon for ice cream! Come on Liam! Please..?"

You say dragging the last word and giving puppy dog eyes. Liam looks at you then the ground tensing his hand that's holding yours and let's out a sigh.

"If you really want you..I guess..."
he says scratching the back of his neck as his face starts to rose up. You giggle as you make your way to the shop dragging Liam with you.

"What can I get you ma'am?"
The employee says looking in your Direction. As you plan to speak Liam steps in front of you.
" they aren't a ma'am..or any woman at all. And I would appreciate it if you wouldn't address them as such."

Liam said sternly glaring at the poor employee. The employee apologized for the mistake and you forgive them. Liam not as much...you order mint chocolate chip and Liam gets plain chocolate, you both sit yourselves at a table and start eating your ice cream.

A bit later you catch Liam eyeing your ice cream and just you for that matter. Then you being the diva you are, decide to call him out.

"What are you looking at Liam?"
You say as a sly smirk creeps onto your face.
Liam, being himself turns a shade of red and looks down at his empty bowl. You're the only one who can make him blush so profusely, be proud.

"I just...mint looks like a good flavor..I-I've never had it before-"

Liam says barely able to scramble a sentence. You smile and take a spoon-full of your ice cream and hold it up to him.

"Go on, try it! It's really good!"

You say innocently smiling a pure white smile. He looks at you then back at the spoon in front of him. Reluctantly he leans forward and opens his mouth to taste the ice cream. After almost eating the spoon itself he let go and sat back up.
"Yeah it is a good flavor..."
he says in a satisfied tone as wiping his mouth with his sleeve.

              • • •

As you both start to end your day at the mall, you with 2 bags in your hands and Liam with about 6. 3 being his and the other 3 being yours that he refused to let you hold. You both make it to the car and you start packing all the stuff into the back seat. As you bend down to put down the last bag Liam grabs your waistline and softly nudges his head into the crevice of your neck.
"Uhhh...Liam?"

"Huh.? Something wrong..?"

"It's...nothing just aren't we heading back now?"

"Yeah just..."
...

"Just?"

"I just..don't want today to end...so soon..."

"You're a dumbass you know that?"

"I...uhh!!"
He let's go swiftly and stands up straight. Clearly embarrassed.

"Let's just go."
You both walk into the car you quietly laughing to yourself and Liam trying hard not to laugh with you.

                    • • •

You arrive at your house, kinda disappointed that the day couldn't stay forever. Open the car door and grab as many bags as you can carry, leaving two behind for Liam to hold. You both walk over in an awkward silence and drop them onto the counter in your kitchen and Liam drops his right besides the door.you walk to the door to grab and move the bags to back where you put the rest but before you could bend down to get them Liam takes your wrists. As you look up at him he looks into your eyes and glimpse down at where he's holding you, loosening his grip and taking you by the hand.

"Liam what gives? I'm just trying to put things away and you're being really clingy—"

He stops you by planting a passionate kiss onto your lips. Startled at first you slowly sink into the kiss. Liams hands find themselves that your waist pulling you closer to him then you put you hands around his neck leaning more into the kiss. What felt like hours was really seconds. As you both reluctantly pull alway from your embrace Liam looks into your wondering gaze.

"Is it ok if I..."

Liam starts.

"Stay over..?"

                         •            •             •

End

Suggested by: NutellaCakes17
Word count: 1251