Disaster in Tennessee

Waking to the scent of pine and two strong arms embracing him like a giant teddy bear would have been the perfect morning for George had it not been for the deafening snores of the giant spooning him. Even then he couldn't help but smile at the warmth of Dream's body encasing him.

When he opened his eyes, he raised a hand to shield his vision from the sunlight coming through the window. The clock by the TV read 8:02 AM, and considering they had arranged to meet up at 8:15 to set off, George decided it was about time they got out of bed.

He attempted to unlatch Dream's arms around him, but his friend's grip proved to be as strong asleep as it was awake. Dream nuzzled further into the crook of George's neck and released a drawn-out sigh.

"Dream," he groaned and wiggled around to poke his cheek. "We have to get up."

"Five more minutes, mom..." he grumbled and tightened hold.

The warmth of, what George now realized was bare skin, made his face burn. Although it was unlikely that Sapnap and Skeppy would burst in on them in such an intimate position seeing as the door was locked, the wide-open curtains didn't evade the possibility that they would catch a glimpse.

Thus, George used all his strength to pry Dream's arms away, figuring that if they didn't get up now, Sapnap and Skeppy would be teasing him about it for the rest of their time.

"Dream. We really need to take off. Sapnap and Skeppy are going to be waiting for us."

"Mhm," Dream replied yet didn't make an effort to move.

George took a breath, leaned closer to his face, and shouted, "DREAM!"

Dream pulled away to cover his ears. "Okay, okay!" he grumbled, his tone drowsed with sleep. "Jeez, you don't have to scream. My ears are sensitive."

George scoffed and shoved him aside to slip out of the covers. "Clearly not because you didn't answer the first two times I asked."

As he did, Dream sat up and scrubbed the sleep from his eyes. He raised his arms to stretch, and George spun around to avoid the sight of his currently shirtless best friend.

The second he got on his feet, as if on cue, someone slammed the door and startled them. George sprung away from the bed to rush for the entrance just as Sapnap took a peek through the window. Fortunately, it was fast enough that Sapnap wouldn't have noticed what bed he got up from. When he started making out with the glass, leaving disgusting slobber behind, George flipped him off and opened the door.

"Rise and shine!" Sapnap announced and stepped into the room with a much-too cheerful smile.

"Surprised Dream isn't the one waking us up," Skeppy said.

Sapnap cracked up and greeted George with that ugly smirk of his. Then he wiggled his eyebrows and said, "The lovebirds were probably up too late having a little too much fun. Y'all must be really sore and tired."

George struggled to keep his face a normal shade as he reached to smack him, but Sapnap pulled out a fire fist and warned him to stay back before he could.

Dream came up behind George (surprisingly already dressed) and saved him from any further embarrassment by deflecting the topic.

"Bold of you to tease the one who's paying for all your meals."

Sapnap huffed and extinguished the fire enveloping his fist. "Whatever. Let's just hurry up, I'm starving," he exclaimed while they began to gather their stuff.

They didn't talk about it.

Not while sharing the back seat while Sapnap took the wheel and Skeppy took shotgun. Not while George stared at the same paragraph of his book for five minutes because Dream's presence was too distracting beside him. Not when they stopped for gas and were left alone in the truck yet again. And certainly not when they stopped at a small diner a few hours from the Tennessee border for breakfast.