Chapter 34 🌲

Prom.

Alice held a silver necklace up in the air, smiling at it as if it were a baby while Rosalie helped Athena adjust the green blazer over the black corset bra. She looked like a goddess in it. Alice wrapped the necklace around Athenas neck, stepping back and admiring everything. She wore a pair of black small heeled shoes, and her hair was put up in a beautiful yet indescribable curly half updo.

"You look amazing, Athena! You'll be the center of attention! And Edward- oh Edward won't be able to speak a single word for the rest of the night!" Alice gushed, bouncing on her heels. Athena giggled and turned back to look at herself in the mirror.

"Not with Rosalie being there," Athena joked. Rosalie rolled her eyes and punched her arm playfully.

"Come on now or you'll be late!  Edward waiting downstairs." Alice ushered. Rosalie grabbed Athena's hand and pulled her out the walk in closet. 

"Aren't you guys coming?" Athena noticed both the vampires weren't dressed in their dresses yet.

"Of course we are, but we'll get dressed in a flash while you take a bit longer at that." Rosalie shrugged. "Now enough of that, you're walking out that door and down those stairs like the queen you are, now go!" Rosalie opened the door for Athena and gave her a small confidence shove. Athena stumbled slightly, but regained her balance in half a second.

Letting out a small breath, Athena walked to the grand staircase. What would Edward think? Would he be disappointed that she wasn't wearing a dress? Was he expecting her to? Wait. Since when do I care what people think? Athena thought confidently but bit her lip in thought. Since now. She thought bitterly.

Edward's POV

I heard Alice's thought from where I stood waiting down stairs.

She's ready Edward, you can unplug your ears.... now!

Not a second after that, I removed my hands from where they were tightly pressed against my ears, only to hear someone stumbling out a door and taking a deep breath. I chuckled. Athena.

My mind wondered to how she looked in a dress. I had only seen her in one just yesterday, but I knew this dress was much more special because she had picked it out herself. 

I was brought out of my train of thought when I looked back up, taking my hands out of my black trousers and placing them behind my back formally.

Light headedness. Shock. Surprise. Awe. In no specific order. 

At this point, fuck Aphrodite.

The moment I looked up, there couldn't have been another thing or person more beautiful than what over took my every thought. Athena stood nervously, yet gracefully at the top of the stairs. It was not at all what I had expected to see, it was so much better.