18 | ℱ𝓇𝒾ℯ𝓃𝒹𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓅𝓈

18 | ℱ𝓇𝒾ℯ𝓃𝒹𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓅𝓈

"Sierra, just the girl I was looking for." he grinned as he wrapped an arm around her. "Heard that you have detention later."

The eleven year old Sierra frowned. "I don't have detention. You have detention later, Jace." she told the third year Jace Thompson, her best friend.

"You sold me out. It's betrayal, Sierra." he clutched his chest, acting hurt. Sierra chuckled, pushing him playfully. "You wound me." Jace mimicked her accent.

"You know for someone older than me, you're really childish, Jace." she pointed out, giving him a pointed look. Before Jace had time to retaliate a boy with curly black hair stopped in front of them.

"Quidditch practice is canceled later." he informed before glancing at the first year with a smile on his face which caused the girl to blush. "Hi, Sierra."

"Thanks for telling me. See ya." Jace said, immediately pulling his best friend away from him. "What was that? Why was he smiling at you like an idiot?" he asked, raising at brow at her.

"What do you mean?" Sierra asked, innocently, her cheeks still tinted pink. "By the way, who was that? He looks cute."

"Calix Nicholas." he informed. "Stay away from him. He's not the type of guy you'd like to associate yourself with, Sierra. I'm serious, alright?"

The girl rolled her eyes at him. "Okay, but I don't think he's that bad. He looks nice and sweet." Little did she know that she would be eating those words a year later.

☾︎☾︎☾︎

Elijah Black isn't the comforting type of person. Being him, he wasn't one to handle feelings very well or one to comfort his friends. He'd always shrug it off and move on or try making his friends feel better only to make it worse.

The moment he saw the weeping girl, he was genuinely concerned to hear her sniffle as he crouched down to her level. "Hey, are you alright?" he asked, snapping her back into reality.

She lifted her head and met his grayish blue eyes. Sierra sniffed before wiping her tears away. "I'm fine." she said as she stood up along with him. Elijah handed her a handkerchief, thinking it was the right thing to do. "It's fine. I don't need it." she said, respectfully declining.

"You have snot running down your nose, Priestley. You're gonna want to take it." he said, bluntly which made the girl scowl, stealing the handkerchief from his hands. "You sure you're alright? You sound like you want to kill someone earlier."

He studied her features very well while she wiped her nose with his handkerchief. It was no doubt that she was beautiful, but he immediately shoved those thoughts out of his head. Elijah's eyes wandered to her hazel eyes. Her eyes were telling something that her lips wouldn't allow her to. She was in pain, he could tell by looking into her eyes.