Chapter 6: The Deal

*warning: ;) content. I suggest listening to Rainberry by Zayn. trust me you'll know when to start*

Harry

"I can't believe we're doing this," Niall grumbled as we walked up the stairs to Valentina's grand estate. She lived in the biggest mansion on Fisher Island, which is right off the coast of Miami. There are no bridges to it so the only way to get here was a boat, and that's how you know the residents are extra rich. She had her captain pick us up at the dock on her yacht and ferry us to her house.

"I can't believe she lives here," Liam breathed.

"Niall, if you're not on your best behavior today, I swear to god I'll cut off a finger," I demanded. "We're going through with this deal. You saw how good that coke is, and you know how much we need her access to the Spanish market. We already deal guns, what's adding some cocaine?"

"Drug cartels are ruthless," he countered.

"The Serrano cartel is the biggest cartel in the western hemisphere. She rules cocaine and her uncle has a monopoly on weed, I don't think we have any other cartels to worry about. The drug war ended with her father, it's fine."

"You're naive to think that," Niall mumbled. I stopped walking and turned to face him, "This is my call to make. Now shut the fuck up and be nice. I am not messing around, Niall. I will rock your shit if you so much as breathe in a disrespectful manner."

He rolled his eyes, "Fine."

Liam didn't feel the need to speak up. He was already on board with the deal, seeing the benefits just as I had. He knew that The Snake was the last person we should be pissing off, so despite any feelings or opinions he had, he was willing to stay quiet. I could kiss him for that.

We continue to venture up the steps before finally reaching the front door and ringing the bell. I stared at the front doors in awe. It was clearly custom made, all black with snake detailing along the center.

Louis answered before I could say anything about it. He was dressed casually, but the two massive dogs behind him were anything but casual. Two large Rottweilers sat behind him, staring right at me. Their collars looked like chains and their chests were puffed out.

"Harry, hey man. Niall, Liam." He nodded a hello and held his hand out to shake. I grasped it and we matched firm handshakes, unwilling to back down from being alpha, but I don't think either of us would've been a match for the scary looking dogs.

"Valentina's just outside. Come on in."

"Some big ass dogs," I commented. "Oh, that's Kilo, and that's Cobra. There's a Great Dane, Graham, somewhere around here. We just rescued him though, so he likes to hide," Louis explained.

Niall scoffed, "Kilo, Graham, and Cobra?"

Louis laughed, "Yeah, V's really into bad puns. You'll learn that," he said affectionately.

We stepped in and my eyes widened at the interior of the house. The lay out was pretty modern, but the decor shocked me. While the living room had high ceilings and a wall completely made of glass so you could see the ocean and the Miami Skyline, the decor of the house was pretty dark. The walls were painted a deep emerald green. The couches were a matching color with black and gold cushions. The rest of the decor was gold, black, and green. The decor was a stark comparison to the layout of the house, but it worked so well.

"Very moody art deco," Liam murmured in praise. "A hint of 20s Hollywood regency but with jewel tones? She's got impeccable taste."

Louis, Niall, and I stared at Liam with raised brows as he took in the elaborate and rich design of the home.