X- Hurt -X {Part 1}

I've been kinda excited to write this one, if I'm being honest ;w; so I hope you guys enjoy it

Espresso x Madeleine

Just in case, but slight warnings (Sorry if this is silly I'm just kinda still not sure how everything works out with warnings): Near-Death, Violence, Injuries, Blood(?) and just- Ye

Yes this will be two parts!

No Espresso and Madeleine are not together yet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madeleine frowned, Espresso had been gone for a while now. Apparently, since Madeleine was asking where Espresso had gone, Latte had responded with saying that the mage had gone into the tainted forest to get some ingredients for his next project. Madeleine had then been worried about Espresso going there alone, especially since what had happened last time. He had convinced himself that Espresso would be fine, however that didn't help him worrying. He was slightly glad that both their bonds had grown stronger over the past few months, and they had got to known each other better. 

 He frowned, leaning on his sword as he barely listened to what Knight was telling him. He would nod and say "Okay" here and there, but he was also intently looking into the forest. He was worried, even though he wouldn't admit it. Well, he might admit that he was a little worried. He jumped at someone waving in front of his face.

"Hello? Earth to Commander? Have you been listening..?" Knight gave him a confused look, and Madeleine looked at him, about to stare off again.

"Ah, yes. I just- I might go check in the Tainted Forest to see if Espresso is alright." Madeleine gave Knight a bright smile, but Knight frowned.

"I don't mean to doubt you sir, but, are you sure you'd be able to go alone? What if Espresso is hurt?" Knight seemed slightly concerned, but he still stood up straight, putting his hand on his chest. 

"Of course! The great Divine Commander can handle anything that comes his way." Madeleine said this proudly, he was sure Espresso couldn't have possibly gotten too hurt. Well... there was a chance, a big chance. But no! Madeleine wouldn't think about that right now. He looked a Knight and picked up his sword.

"I will be back soon with Espresso! I promise." Madeleine waved to Knight before walking off into the woods. He'd probably have to walk all the way back once he got to the Tainted Forest, but he'd have Espresso to help him through the forest. Yeah! He was fully confident that this would go well. 

Little did he know that he was completely wrong.

A while later, Madeleine had reached Tainted Forest, and he stopped to rest a bit. He frowned, he had been looking and he still hadn't found Espresso. He was getting slightly more worried now, and he looked up. He decided to try something else, he wasn't tired yet! He had a few scratches and bruises, but he wasn't going to give up. This just worried him more that something had happened to Espresso. He began to walk through the forest, carrying his sword behind him.

"Espresso! Espresso are you out here?!" Madeleine called out for Espresso, slight worry coming to his voice. He looked around, he was sure the other would be around here. He jumped, here a slight sound from a bit farther away. Suddenly he looked up as magic flew up into the air from a little ways away. It wasn't too close, but it wasn't that far. But Madeleine immediately recognized it. It was Espresso's magic. He immediately inhaled sharply, and ran towards where the magic had appeared from. It had looked slightly faded... and it hadn't been shot very high up with much force. Madeleine ran through the bushes, pushing past some branches and leaves to come into a sort of clearing. He gasped, and rushed over to Espresso laying on the ground. It wasn't him laying on the ground that worried Madeleine, it was... the injuries. Espresso's arm looked twisted in a sort of way, and Madeleine shivered as it. There were multiple red and very deep cuts along with scratches all over Espresso, along with bruises. Madeleine scanned for anything else, and saw that there was bleeding coming from on Espresso's leg. It was bad and it had already gotten on the ground, alone with some bleeding from Espresso's shoulder. Not to mention the burns that were on Espresso. Espresso's glasses had been broken and discarded beside Espresso. Madeleine inhaled.

"Espresso?? Espresso hey, stay with me, I'm here." Madeleine wasted no time picking Espresso up princess carry as he had said this. Espresso barely opened his eyes, immediately coughing up blood badly. He shook in the knight's arms, his eyes opening a bit more. He was pale, and his skin felt cold, at least Madeleine felt that it was cold. He had obviously used up a lot of magic too... along with sending that beacon into the air to alert Madeleine. Espresso winced, his eyes getting dazed. 

"Madeleine...? What-" Espresso coughed a bit more, shaking violently. He seemed to be processing what was happening, and once he realized, his eyes widened slightly and he looked up at Madeleine. 

"Y-you can't carry me back on your own- I-I can help you f-fight off the monsters just-" Espresso made a move to try and get out of Madeleine's arms, but Madeleine just held him closer.

"No. You may not be able to use magic anyways, and I am the great Divine Commander! I can handle it. You need not worry." Madeleine huffed, and Espresso could already tell that there was no changing the knight's mind. Espresso sighed shakily, his body trembling as he winced from the searing pain all over his body. He felt slightly comforted from Madeleine holding him, but he wouldn't admit that. He was so tired though... his magic had run dry, and he just, felt like giving up. His eyes began to close slowly, and he began to go a bit limp.

"Don't pass out on me Espresso! We're going to make it back." Espresso heard the knight's voice, and he looked up to see Madeleine's bright grin. Even if there was a lot of worry in Madeleine, he was determined to get his friend back to the kingdom for help. Though... it would not be easy to pass through all the monsters in the way, while protecting Espresso. Madeleine huffed though, he'd be able to do it. Although, it wouldn't be as easy as the Commander thought it would be.

Espresso felt dizzy, he had managed to stay awake through the journey. His vision was very blurry, and darkness creeped at the corners of his vision. Madeleine's cheery bright voice had kept him going though, somehow. Even if Espresso could barely hear as well from the ringing in his ears, he could still hear the happy tone. He hadn't gotten anymore hurt, but he had been able to tell when Madeleine had been fighting monsters. It had been a lot... and Espresso could swear, as he was being held against Madeleine's chest, that there was more blood then he had seen earlier. It also felt like the knight was stumbling, and it slightly concerned Espresso through his daze. Something was wrapped around his injured leg though, and his gaze went to his leg. Was that... the blue... Madeleine's scarf? Why would Madeleine get his prized scarf dirty just to help Espresso. Espresso didn't think about it for long, and leaned against Madeleine more. He was so tired... and just wanting to pass out. 

He couldn't even tell if they were close... but suddenly they came into a clearing. Espresso could faintly hear someone gasp and yell, then running. Then there was talking, though he couldn't understand what the people were saying. He could see light brown and white, and the other person who was talking to Madeleine sounded like... Latte. Latte sounded extremely worried, from what Espresso could hear. He tried and focused, trying to figure out what they were saying. Madeleine was trying to hand Espresso to Latte but Latte seemed to be protesting that... something that had to do with Madeleine. 

Soon enough someone else, definitely Latte, took Espresso from Madeleine to hold him. She rushed off, trying to talk to Espresso to see if he was still there, to which Espresso would respond with soft mumbles. He was rushed into somewhere, from what he could barely see, and it... Espresso faintly recognized it. The darkness was starting to overtake his vision though, and he was getting more and more dizzy. He just, he couldn't hang on, and he passed out.

A/N: Hi! I'm really glad that people are reading my stories, I hope you all enjoy them! This is part 1 of something I've been wanting to write, and I will try to get part 2 out as soon as possible so don't worry! Please remember if you have any ships that you want me to write a one-shot with, let me know and I can try my best with it! :D Anyways have a good day/night!