The Right Thing - Cal Kestis

Cal x reader

Warnings: spoilers for the game

Word count: 573

Summary: Cal and y/n have a conversation about something they both have come the realize.

Authors Note: Its basically what would happen between Cal and y/n later after Merrin pointed out that they would be putting the kids in danger.

MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It had been a long day. Cal and y/n had headed off to their shared room to get some rest. Most of the other members of the crew had done the same to get some sleep. Although Y/n was having a hard time trying to fall asleep. Her brain just would not shut off.

"Cal?" Y/n spoke softly to not wake anyone else up. Looking over at Cal, hoping he was indeed awake.

"Yeah?" Cal answered her, showing he was also awake.

"Do you ever wonder if we're doing the right thing?" she questioned looking straight up staring at the ceiling, hands fidgeting as she layed on her bed.

"What do you mean?" Cal asked, he to was laying down on his own bed, but he turned his head to glance at her.

"Earlier when Merrin asked if we were putting the future younglings in danger by finding them and then training them. Do you think that she might be right?" Y/n's voice was shaky as she spoke. Ever since Merrin had pointed it out Y/n hasn't been able to stop thinking about it.

"Y/n, finding and training them is the only way we can defeat the empire. To defeat the Emperor and Darth Vader." Cal leaned up on his left forearm to face her direction.

"That's not what I asked, Cal. Are we going to be putting innocent children into a situation that's basically a death sentence?" Y/n mimicked his positioning but on her right forearm. Y/n's brow was furrowed, she was really concerned about this and that was obvious to Cal. It's also understandable.

"Maybe." He sighed, Cal had to admit that he thought about it as well. An it wasn't sitting well with him either.

"I understand that the Empire needs to be taken down. And to do that we need more Jedi... But I don't want to give these kids a death sentence. I don't want to have their blood on my hands." Y/n whimpered and her eyes started to fill with tears.

"Oh, Y/n/n." Cal got up and went over to her and sat down on her bed. He pulled her into him in a tight hug.

"I'm sorry." she hiccupped into his chest, wrapping her arms around him tightly.

"No, no. You don't have a thing to be sorry about." Cal pulled back just enough to look her in the eyes. He moved his hands up to cup her face using his thumb to wipe away the tears running down her cheeks. "If I'm being honest, I'm worried about all of it as well." Cal ran his fingers through her hair. It was a comforting act of affection.

"What are we gonna do, Cal?" Y/n asked looking into his eyes.

"First we're going to finish what we started and once we do that..." Cal sighed, there wasn't much to decide on until they have completed their task at hand. "We'll decide what to do when it's time."

Even though it wasn't a real solution to the problem. Its all they could do for now. "Ok."

"Now lets go get some more sleep." Cal smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. This was a heavy thought on both of their minds, but until the time comes they can't decide what to do about it. Both just hope that they make the right decision in the end.