Ben

I know that she did not just pass out by a well aimed shoe. I roll my eyes at Erica's theatrical attempt of sinking to the floor. And apparently everybody buys the act. The lady who threw the shoe is fistbumping everybody and looking smug about it. I shake my head and think back to Field Basics 101. It was my second year class, and I specifically remember Erica always pressuring me about making a big deal about fake security. "You won't believe how much people say just because they think you're asleep. Hell, they might even tell you their plans while you're passed out just for the fun of it,"

 And so Erica is rendered unconscious and I'm just the other dude in the corner with a random carnation stuck in my sock. I don't think they remember I'm even there, because the lady who had thrown the shoe, (Fiona was her name I believe) unlocked her phone right in front of my eyes. I blink. No way they are this incompetent. And then I remember. Some of these people are just normal civilians living their lives, dancing on a float. So why are they okay with a random woman being knocked out on purpose? And of course, when I'm figuring everything out is when Fiona remembers I exist and bashes my head with the other heel.