Chapter Seven

A/N: Super sorry about not being able to stick to a schedule. Here's chapter seven. Enjoy!

Daeus's POV

When I came around, I found myself chained up in a glass cage. The interior looked pretty much like our ship, but the glass was blurry and thick. All four of my hands were behind my back and I was lying down, my back left leg attached to a chain. Next to me, Vri was sleeping peacefully, his hands chained together and Vrillyn was sitting against the far wall, grumbling and her face narrowed in what seemed to be concentration.

"Vrillyn?" I asked, struggling a bit against the chains, wanting to use my hands.

Vrillyn head popped up and looked at me. "They overwhelmed us. There were nine of them and just me and Vri. And they had weapons." Her voice sounded strained, as if she blamed herself. "They're not friendly, but luckily they speak one of the eight languages we learn as children."

"What are they?" I heard a clank and turned, peering through the blurry glass as what seemed to be a large, bulky yellow man. He had a black cape attached to his shoulders, heading all the way to the floor, yet as he got closer, I could see that it was more like a cape of fur, all the way down that detached at is hips and just fell the rest of the way like hair. He walked on two legs, his feet large and bird-like. His arms were oddly long, the tips of his fingertips at his knees. His three fingered hands ending in long talons. He had a large mouth with teeth that jutted from his lips, his eyes were a glowing yellow, and where a nose seemed it was supposed to rest, instead there was nothing but skin.

"Tresspassers-s-s . . ." The thing hissed in a broken sounded voice, almost like a hissing whisper. His eyes narrowed on me and his pupils widened to cover the whole of the yellow. "You are bad!" He whisper shouted, pointing at me with one of his talons as two more identical men appeared right behind him. 

They spoke to one another in a language I couldn't understand, but Vrillyn's eyes followed each face as if she understood. She said they learned eight languages as children, she was smart enough to possibly know them all.

"They are called Yulkor." Spoke up Vri from the other side of me. When did he wake up. "Very barbaric. They hate anything that isn't Yulkor. Their planet is covered in nothing but concrete and stone. The few plants and trees they have are contained in facilities so they can still harvest 'natural' foods."

The first, biggest Yukor snapped and Vri quickly shut up. Our attention turned to him and he gnashed his teeth at us.

"He says it's time to move." Vrillyn spoke as a white glow materialized a door in front of us. It made a small whirring sound as it slid into the side of the glass cage, disappearing into the wall. The Yukor stepped inside and walked towards us with thick, large collars in their hands.

They opened the collars and snapped them on around our necks. I gasped at the weight of them and felt as if I had to lower my kneck just to support the weight. The collars were cold and tight. They smelled as if they'd burnt a lot of flesh. I could detect a small buzzing sound emitting from the collars and when I glanced at Vri's I could see a line of small blue dots blinking along the center.

"Move where?" I asked Vrillyn in a hushed voice, a low growl sounding from my throat as I trained my eyes on the Yukor.

She shrugged, remaining silent. 

Our chains were taken off and I was free to move. I lunged forward the moment that realization hit and grabbed the first Yukor, my top hands clamping around his throat. Yet . . . "ARGHHH!" I screamed out, falling to the floor, grabbing at the collar. Tiny little spines shot into my neck the moment I touched him, sending terribly strong jolts into my body.

I twitched for a few moments as rough hands grabbed me. I was dragged behind the others as my body took forever to remember how to move. My throat felt parched and clamped up. I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. I did not expect the electricity to be that strong, nor the spikes to dig into my skin. 

"I said barbaric, but they're highly advanced when it comes to weapons and subduing their enemies." Vri spoke out. "If I would have known our trajectory crossed into their air space, I would've changed it, but I never thought to look." His eyes glanced at me, as if to say sorry for being in this mess.

We walked through countless empty halls filled with doors for what seemed like forever. The smell of blood and fire burned my nose and after passing through several corridors, my eyes were stinging from the putrid smell.

"We're here." Vrillyn whispered, the tip of her tail twitching like crazy.

Large, heavy metal doors opened slowly in front of us. Our captors held a firm grip onto our shoulders. I remained still despite the talons digging into my skin. From the filling of my blood being syphoned out, I assumed their talons were hollow and some sort of suction-thing. What the hell type of species syphon's blood out of other people through their nails?!

My panic was put out of mind when the doors opened and we were shoved inside. The countless narrow halls gave way to a large open dome. Natural light shown in from small holes in the ceiling, the rest of the room was a colorless gray aside from the faint pinkish red splatters on the walls. Decorative or from something breathing, I couldn't tell. 

From doors I had not previously seen, countless more Yukor filled the room, staring at us. The only difference in each one being the different colors of their fur capes. They surrounded us in a tight cirlce. 

I growled, yet it came out feeble. I couldn't tell what this reminded me of, but panic filled my core and I started to pant, the fog keeping my memories away beating through my brain.

"Daeus! Calm down!" Vrillyn snapped, her eyes warning me to stay calm. I had to focus on the blood leaving my body just to ground myself. It was the only thing real touching me.

A gap opened in the crowd and the tallest Yukor ever stalked towards us, his eyes more of a fiery orange, than yellow. He narrowed in on me, a sinister smile marring his face. "You . . . . are . . .  something." He drawled out in my language. "You . . . are . . . fresh!"

He cackled and the sound grated my ears. "An Ekhad in my kingdom! Such a delight! You'll do wonderful in the championships!" Suddenly his words were perfect and clear. The way he spoke them filled my gut with dread.

"Take him . . . . to the RING!!!"