Waking Up

Everything that happened was just a dream. A horrifying dream.

But thank god it was all just a dream.

Alfred was informed about Matthew just a few minutes after he woke up, but the American just thought he was still in his coma. But when Arthur had told him, it sunk in pretty quickly. A few weeks passed, and Alfred was released from the hospital, begging to go say goodbye to his brother properly. Arthur refused, saying that it would just set him off. Alfred, knowing that nothing would possibly make Arthur let him go see Matthew's grave, went to see Ivan instead. Maybe what happened in his dreams happened in real life? Typical American thinking. But, nonetheless, he went to go see Ivan, knocking on the door quietly.

When the Russian man opened it, his smile lit up Alfred's face. "Hey, Ivan!" He started up cheerfully. "Long time no see!"

"Da!" The Russian man exclaimed, hugging the American in front of him. "I thought you would never wake up and I would have to tell them..." He shuddered at the thought. "Never mind that!" He let go, laughing, violet eyes shinning in happiness. Pure happiness. "Why don't you come in, Da?"

Alfred smiled, going past Ivan and looking around. His house had gotten bigger. "New place?" He asked, sitting down on the couch and looking up at the taller man, who was standing over top of him. "It's nice."

Ivan smiled, nodded, and sat next to him. "No." He responded happily. "Just some redecorating that I decided to do to keep my mind off of... Things that have been happening lately..." He trailed off, his violet purple eyes darting to a dark corner on the other side of the room, almost like he was afraid of something...

Alfred followed the Russian's gaze, standing up. He started walking towards it, but a hand grabbed his, pulling him back down on the couch. "Nyet..." Ivan said, shaking slightly. "Don't go over there..."

Alfred sighed, leaning back on the couch. "And why not?" He asked, tilting his head to the side slightly. "It's not like anything is over there."

Ivan sighed, calming down slightly, nodding. "You are right..." He said, the tone in his voice tired. "I have just been having these nightmares lately, and I guess I'm just very paranoid..."

This caught the American's attention. Nightmares....? He thought silently to himself. Is it happening again...?

He shook off the thoughts, standing up and going to the corner. "See?" He looked to Ivan and smiled. "Nothing is there. It's alright. I promise." He went to go sit back down, but his jacket was caught on something. He tried to pull away, but a hand grabbed his arm.

He looked over, almost screaming at what was holding on to him.

-To Be Continued...