And So It Starts Again

Matthew....?

Alfred backed away slowly, trying to hide his fear, walking back to Ivan.

He's dead... How can he be here...?

He nodded as Ivan started to talk about something, but he couldn't focus in on what he was saying. The image of his dead brother was too much for him. He eventually stood up, thanking the other, and promptly leaving, putting his hands in his pockets.

How could he...?

He started to shake his head, bumping into someone and mouthing an apology, but only mouthing it. Nothing came out of the dark abyss that connected his voice to his body.

He continued to walk back to what he remembered to be his home, opening the door and walking to his couch, laying down and putting his hands over his face, silently crying into them. Was it not enough for him to be dead, but for his mind to be playing tricks on him? God damn... What else? His best friend was going to die in a fire or something?

Alfred grabbed for the remote, turning the television on to the news. He wasn't even paying attention to the images going across the screen. He just didn't want to be in a silent room and let his thoughts loose in his brain. That would end him for sure.

A knock sounded on his door, soft and almost inaudible.

He got up off of the couch, walking slowly to his door, letting his head hang as he opened the giant wood structure that kept the cold and heat out. He was then promptly tackled, being hugged tightly by an albino man, a "Kesesese" escaping from the other. Alfred's face immediately went from gloom to glee, hugging the other back tightly. "Gilbert!" His voice was cheery. "I didn't expect you to be coming today."

The albino German/Prussian's smirk turned into a smile, letting him go and getting up off of him. "Well, I couldn't let you stay in this big empty house all by yourself and get lonely, now could I?" Gilbert walked over to the couch, sitting and putting his feet up on the coffee table. He turned his gaze off of the American, looking to the television. His happy expression immediately turned to something of fear mixed with surprise and anger. "What in the hell happened to Ivan?!"

-To Be Continued...