Chapter 5: Rhodes Island part 1

Kal'tsit walked through the corridors of the base, hands in her pockets, head down. She felt a void in her chest... She knew that the sarcophagus would most likely affect her memory, but the amnesia... She stopped and looked at the ring on her finger, the ring she never had the courage to give him. She felt the tears coming to her eyes. Then she suddenly felt the air around her become colder, used to this sensation she straightened her head and pretended nothing was wrong.

Kal'tsit- Can I help you Warfarin?

Warfarin- I just saw what happened in Chernobog on the news

Warfarin- I just saw what happened in Chernobog on the news. Is our team okay?

Kal'tsit- Yes, they should be here any minute.

Warfarin- And how is he?

Kal'tsit- He lost his memories.

Just saying that made her heart clench and tears come to her eyes.

Warfarin- How are you holding up?

Kal'tsit- It doesn't matter.

She started walking down the hallway again, trying to ignore her own sadness mixed with rage.

Kal'tsit- We knew that this was the most likely thing to happen when he entered the sarcophagus. And maybe that's for the best.

The vampire sarkaz thought for a few seconds, it's true that he had been a hateful person before his disappearance four years ago but before that... Before he turned into a monster of cold pragmatism he was one of the most generous and gentle men on this planet. Surely for the feline his bad deeds had more weight than the good deeds he had led.

Warfarin- Closure is not coming?

Kal'tsit- You know she doesn't like being around people.

Warfarin- It's true, I don't even know why I ask.

She laughed lightly, a rare thing for her.

After passing through yet another automatic door, the two doctors arrived at the vehicle bay and saw that many operators were waiting there, medics on the alert to treat injured personnel. There were no longer any vehicles hanging from the ceiling, leaving the cables hanging over the huge hatches that were supposed to open to retrieve the trucks that were driving below. The doctor's return had been rumored and the destruction of Chernobog had the Rhodes Islanders worried about the health of their comrades. Discussions filled the room, mostly rumors about the doctor, a founder of Rhodes Island, a genius scientist and an extraordinary tactician who disappeared for four years.

Vanilla- But do you know what Dr. Sebastian looks like?

Catapult- No, well all we have is this picture.