𝟎𝟑 ; 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐞

he watched her, a smile kept on his face.
he listened, while her voice followed the rhythm.
his heart swelled, hearing her. seeing her.

but his smile faded. suddenly the sounds of her voice were blocked by his thoughts, again.

why do i feel this way?
i can't, i know i can't.
it's wrong.
but how do i stop?

"how'd i do?" her cheerful voice pulled his attention. her eyes turned to him, with a smile.

"you did amazing" he assured her, while she walked out of the recording area and slumped down the couch. he did the same.

"so i'll do some final touch-ups and you'll be hearing it in a few okay?" their record producer said, and they replied with approval.

the two waited, making conversations here and there but mostly went on their phones. but jaden couldn't keep his mind at rest; from her.

when they started the collab, it went smoothly. it was easy for them to connect and communicate, they were already close friends after all.

but what wasn't expected were these feelings.

the hardest part was, she was happy. with somebody else. while he just went through a breakup, and now has to face his feelings for his best friend.

he didn't know why he felt this way for nessa.
he couldn't have her, he knew that. not just in terms of their relationship statuses but in general.

"alright! you guys ready to hear it?" their music producer, andrew, asked. "fuck yeah" nessa got up and sped to the computer. jaden trailed behind.

"ok, 3..2..1!" he pressed play.

does it rain in california?
only dream i've ever known..

the two singers cheered, hyping themselves up.
jaden shifted his attention back and forth.
from listening to their song, to watching her.

her smile was bright as ever,
while she quietly sang along.

"j it's your part!" she yelled and looked at the boy. he grinned, almost blushing. clearly not the time.

"said i'm gonna be a rockstar, yeah yeah yeah" they both sang, with andrew laughing along.

they had the time of their lives.

that's what happens when i fall apart,
all of me wants all of you....

the lyrics played. and his eyes landed back on her.

but i'm far away and i can't choose..

it was right.

he kept his eyes on her.
her smile was as big as ever,
as she focused on the screen.

he couldn't have her.
but that was okay.
as long as she stayed.

since she kept him going;
she inspired him.
she made him smile.
she was there for him.

she was the broken boy's muse.

love, b.
i accidentally deleted the real 3rd chapter. oopsie.