Chapter 6: Rhodes Island part 2

A/N- Third update today because of friend asked me and the last chapters were short.

It was six in the morning on Rhodes Island. The night shifts were rejoicing at the fact that they would soon finish their work. And the early risers were already starting to go about their regular business. Nearl returned to the gym ready for an early morning workout alone after three days of recovery. But to her surprise, as she passed the door, she saw Sebastian running quickly on a treadmill with sweat on his forehead and Dobermann watching him with her arms crossed a little further away. The knight of Kazimierz approached the perro. Already equipped in her refurbished plate armor.

Nearl- Hello Dobermann.

Dobermann- Oh Nearl, welcome back.

Nearl- Thank you. What are you doing here so early?

Dobermann- I was supposed to set up a training session for our novice operators. But I ran into the doctor and I'm wondering how long it will take him to stop running...

Nearl- How long have you been spying on him?

Dobermann- About three quarters of an hour...

She looked over at the doctor and noticed that he had headphones on.

Nearl- Do you think he even noticed us?

Dobermann- I don't think so.

Nearl- What did I miss during my remission?

Dobermann- Not much. You can already see some improvements since the doctor took over. He's relearning the ropes very quickly. We've also been testing his strategy skills.

Nearl- So what? You too Dobermann know his reputation before his amnesia, and I don't want to fight for someone who will sacrifice me and my friends. As smiling as he is if his reputation is to his credit...

The perro smiled, something very rare for her.

Dobermann- And that's where you're wrong, we already did a field mission to destroy a bandit camp with the reserve teams A1 and A4, the doctor was with us I was there in observation and the doc in command. I saw him in action, he refused to take unnecessary risks and in the end we cleaned up the camp without a scratch. Even though it was four times bigger than our information said.

Nearl- After what happened at Chernobog I would have expected him to take care of it himself.

Dobermann- That was after...

The Kuranta turned her head towards the drill instructor intrigued.

Dobermann- When we were on our way out it turned out that the bandits had made an alliance with Sarkaz mercenaries. They had just arrived, about a hundred of them.

The knight got a shiver down her spine as she was afraid to ask about the death and injury toll.

Dobermann- Almost all of us made it out intact.

Nearl- Almost?

Dobermann- As soon as we came under enemy fire, the doctor covered us and asked us to retreat so he could keep them busy. He managed to kill them while we were getting to safety, he came back riddled with arrows and cuts all over, he even had one arrow right through his spine, Ansel even said his spinal cord was cut, but still he could walk.

Nearl- But how-?!

Dobermann- I don't know. Later on after the medics treated his wounds, I asked him what was going through his mind, you know what he said? That he would rather put his life in danger than two of ours. I honestly don't know how he's still alive.