Chapter 4

Within the Mountains in a snowstorm...

Brad, Gene, and Lloyd continued to wander around the winter landscape after escaping the villagers, poor Lloyd was freezing.

He wanted to go home but his new friends say they needed his help first and he did not know how he can do that. Lloyd was able to free them from the Ninja and escape, but he was still not certain of what his role is. Then the young member of the Serpentine realized something. This place... his father once warned him never to set foot in this place.

They needed to leave right now.

"Um, guys... We shouldn't here." Lloyd shivered but they couldn't hear him from the howling wind.

"Stupid Ninja and that stupid village," Brad whined as he kicked some snow.

"Guys, we should really turn back. We can't be here." The child raised by the Serpentine tried again but had the same result.

"When we get a real army, we'll make them pay!" Gene vowed as Lloyd felt danger beneath them.

"GUYS!!!" Lloyd screamed but it was too late, they fell through a secret tunnel as they tumbled down its passage, screaming in fear from the sudden drop, only seeing light from above!

They hit hard on the snow as the vibrations of their screams soon echo inside this mysterious chamber. The adopted child of the Venomari was the first to get up as he grunted from the bruises that came with the collision. Then, Lloyd began to sniff the air, it was a strange scent. It was, it was awfully familiar, but Lloyd couldn't understand why. Maybe a few more breaths of the scent will give him a better understanding.

"Great, looks like we're stuck here," Gene whined as he brushed off the dust from his clothes while Brad was rubbing his own head.

Lloyd sniffed some more as the scent was getting stronger and stronger as if something were coming their way. It didn't take too long to realize what he was smelling.

"Guys, we need to run, we need to leave and close away this place. No one can ever find it." Lloyd warned his new friends as the terrified look was plain on his face.

"What's up with you? Why do you look so scared? It's just a fissure from the bad weather out here." Gene chalked up but the boy from the Serpentine shook his head.

"No, it's not. They're coming! We need to hide!" Lloyd pleaded as he can hear them, he can hear something slithering...

"HIIIISSSSSSS!!!!" Came a sound from the darkness as he caused the boys' skin to crawl in the fright and creepiness of the area.

"Please tell me that it was one of you." Brad pleaded but the boys shook their heads, "Right, let's get out of here and back to Darkly's. We'll make a better revenge plan there."

"Leaving Ssssso ssssssoon?" A terrible voice hissed as Lloyd shivered in fright of the noise, "I am dying to have guesssst, especially one from the famed Venomari Tribe."

Lloyd gulped as he cowered at the sight of him.

At the bounty...

Wu witnessed it all, the Hypnobrai General, Slithraa attacked the children and tried to hypnotize them.

But only to be hypnotized himself as he became a slave to the Darkly boys and owning an entire army of serpentine, while Lloyd all the while looked uncomfortable and frightened. They were going back to Jamanakai Village to raid it all.

He needed to save them and Lloyd.

"Everyone, you must return to the village! The Serpentine has returned!" Wu warned as everyone was training stopped.

The elder man then turned to the red ninja of fire as he was the one who took the necklace, which belongs to Lloyd.

"Kai, you and the others need to find the boy who wears this necklace and bring him back here safely. Make certain he is unharmed." Wu requested from him.

"Why? Who is this kid and why is he so important?" Kai wondered as he was handed the necklace again to better find the boy.

"I will explain everything once you return. You must hurry before the Serpentine does harm to the village. Go, Ninja, go!" Wu ordered as the ninja got on their dragons and rode to the village.

He hoped that they can make it there on time.

In the Toxic Bog...

The General, Acidicus began a search party for his son as they searched the bog in hopes of finding their adopted child, Lloyd.

The Venomari searched the area until they discover a strange smell and two sets of footprints near their territory. Lloyd was there as well but there was no sign of him being here, meaning that the worst must have happened.

"Sir, we have found something." One of the warriors pointed out as the general looked to see the footsteps.

"It seems that there were humans here with Lloyd." The second warrior reported as Acidicus narrowed his eyes until one of the spies reported in.

"Sir, we have reported that one of the Serpentine tribes has been freed." She reported to the leader of the tribe.

"Which one?"

"The Hypnobrai. Two human children were the ones that freed them. They have Lloyd." The female Venomari informed.

"Shall we go to war?" One of the warriors suggested.

"Not with Lloyd there. We need someone to retrieve him without their captors knowing. Then we will make them suffer for their crimes."