Chapter I

Chapter I

A lone person sat at the edge of a cliff, the wind howling and giving strong but calming breezes. The night was quiet. The birds gave low and barely audible chirps. Everything was so tranquil and peaceful. Such a major shift in tone than a few days ago.

Percy sighed in contempt, his feet dangling off of the cliff edge like he was about to fall. Yet he paid it no mind and continued to be engulfed in his own thoughts. His voice was low, and his demeanor was that of melancholy. That of sadness and pain. 

It was as if he was in his own world. Paying no mind to his surroundings, or the fact that he was sitting at the edge of the cliff without a care in the world.

He shook his head lightly and gave a small sigh and stood up, making sure not to fall in the process. Beside him was a black case that had a rather weird shape. He turned to the case as painful memories resurfaced.

He shook those thoughts away and opened it without another thought. Inside the case was a simple-looking violin that didn't look anything out of the ordinary. The violin had a darker shade of brown, accompanied by a normal look bow with the same colour palette.

He gingerly picked the violin up like it was made out of glass. As if it could break by even the slightest of touches. His face showed a range of emotions. Like he was reliving a distant memory. A distant life that ceased to be. 

He picked the bow with his other free hand and held it carefully, making sure to handle it with the utmost care. He gingerly placed the violin onto his shoulder as a look of pure pain flashed across his face. He trudged through, placing the bow onto the violin string, ignoring his heart that was beating heavily.

And for a moment, there was silence. Nothing but the soft breathing from Percy. He held the instrument like he was familiar with it, and handled it with an air of professionalism. Like he knew how to play the instrument for decades.

The whole area was quiet and tame. Even the wind was silenced. It was as if the whole world was watching him, awaiting his next move.

He contemplated. Then made a decision.

With one faint sigh, and one move of the hand, a soft but melancholic tune arose from the instrument. The world seemed to watch as he played the instrument perfectly. The moon seemed to stop and stare, watching the action with curiosity. The stars seemed to glint with delight, as if watching a favourite show.

The wind seemed to carry the tune with it, filling the area with a melancholic melody. A melody filled with emotion and trauma. A melody of pain and endurance. A melody of heartbreak.

It was a requiem.

A faint but solemn requiem.

-Multiple Millenia Ago-

Ouranos was the personification of the sky. A deity that held immense power rivaled only by his siblings. A primordial power and a force to be reckoned with, no one dared to challenge the almighty primordial of the sky. His rule was strict, and his word was law. Everyone had to hang their head low and bow, lest they suffer the powerful wrath of the sky.

From the primordial birthed the titans, deities that held power that could shape the landscape. A power that no mere mortal could even dare comprehend. Yet even they had to bow down to the almighty primordial of the sky. 

Gaea, would have none of this and devised a plan. She urged her youngest son Kronos to try and take the throne for himself. And so, with the help of his siblings, they rushed the primordial and took the throne. Ouranos was overpowered, his body chopped into a multitude of pieces, his essence scattering into the wind to never be reformed again.