ʀᴇsᴏɴᴀɴᴄᴇ

y/n knew walking in the dark streets of London would be a bad idea

y/n knew walking in the dark streets of London would be a bad idea. but they didn't know it was gonna be worse now that it was december with snow and freezing weather.

they quickened their walk as snow began to gently fall. the black roads were shining with water and ice under the faulty street lights.

"it's me! you're going to choose me! i know it!" a man shouted, startling y/n.

he was a tall man. curly brown hair. he was yelling at a camera crazily.

"uhm, sir? are you okay?"

he didn't have a coat on. just a white button up. he had trousers that went to his mid calf. no shoes or socks.

"i win!" he shouted as he turned to stare at y/n.

"i'm sorry sir... but there's a pub down the street you can stay at! i hope you find your way inside. a lot of snow is coming soon.. farewell."

y/n quickly walked away as the person stared after them.

"hm."

y/n sighed when they got in the warm house they were staying at. they shed the layers of coats and other things and sat in the couch. it was silent.

until a knock on the door.

"hello. it's me again. i'm sorry if i scared you in the street earlier. it was a thing i call an episode. may i come in?"

"sure!"

the man ducked his head as he entered the house. he looked around before taking off his glasses.

"do you have a home?"

"yes... except i don't really call it a home. it doesn't feel like one. it doesn't provide comfort."

"oh...what's your name?"

"call me wilbur, wilbur soot."

"okay then wilbur, my name is y/n. take a shower if you want and i'll put the kettle on for some tea."

he walked off to the restroom and y/n flicked the kitchen light on. the pot was filled with water and placed on the stove as y/n stood next to it.

they crossed their arms and began chewing on their bottom lip out of habit.

who is he really? he doesn't seem okay, kind of paranoid. he talks to a camera...is it a student film he's working on?

wilbur walked in the kitchen and stared for a second.

"you shouldn't do that. it's not good for your skin."

"neither is standing in cold weather."

"touché. do you have earl gray?"

"yeah... hey wilbur?"

"hm?"

"what do you do? like for a living?"

wilbur paused as he stared at the floor. he was thing hard about how to answer that.

"i'm an editor. i have a youtube channel too. do you have a computer? if so, i'd like to use it and it'd be nice if you could bring my tea to me if it isn't much trouble."

"sure, in the living room to the right of the television."

wilbur walked off and grabbed his camera from the table.

y/n took the pot off of the stove after it whistled and screamed when it became hot. they put an earl gray bag in a fine china cup and poured the water over it.

"wilbur?!"

"yeah?!"

"milk or sugar or anything?!"

"splash of milk and two sugars darling!"

so y/n did as told and put the cup on a matching glass plate, bringing it out.

wilbur was hunched over the keyboard as he stared the screen. he was sitting there as the clip of him saying 'i win!' played over and over again.

"wilbur..."

"fuck this." and he opened up the email app. he signed in and began typing away. but with every letter he got harsher until he was practically slamming his hands onto the keyboard.

y/n ripped his hands away and held his wrists as he tried to take deep breathes.

y/n let his wrists go and he brought them to cover his face. his shoulders shook as he breathed in shakily.

"damn it all. why why why." he whispered and finally removed his hands from his face. he finished typing the email.

"Glowing Regards,
Wilbur"

"Glowing Regards, Wilbur"

:/