ᴀss-ᴘᴀᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄ

"wilbur

"wilbur...how long are you staying? i don't mind how long you want to, but i need to prepare if you plan on doing it longer."

"you've known me for less than an hour. you trust me so much and it's...it's disgusting."

y/n just stared at wilbur who glared angrily at the wall.

"you clearly need help...and so do i. and i think we can get through this together-"

"help? help?! here's some things i want to get straight with you! first of all, i'm leaving this god forsaken shit hole! you know how many doctors appointments i've made because of the shitty air here?!

"second of all, i can't get attached to you! then i can't leave! i can't leave you behind in this state!

"third of all, i don't even know your last name! i've even been forgetting my own! i dont even know if all of this is real sometimes!"

wilbur paced back and forth, his feet stomping against the ground as y/n let him rant.

"wilbur."

"what now?!"

"can i hug you?"

"hug...stop that. i have to leave. thank you for tea, i hope you forget about me and move from this shitty place."

forget about him...? not even telling me to remember him and hold onto the memories.

before y/n could react, the door slammed shut.

they sunk to the floor, cradling their legs to their chest.

he needs to be okay. who did this to him? what did he do to deserve this?

y/n just sat in the floor in a daze. cars zoomed by on the busy street as rain gently pattered on the windows.

a knock on the door and someone suddenly came in. wilbur.

he didn't say anything as he walked over and yanked y/n up to their feet. he embraced them and laid his head on their shoulder.

"i'll give you a month. if i feel better with you in that month, then i'll stay. i'll be your friend."

"promise?"

"i promise."

wilbur slept on the couch as y/n went to their bedroom, turning the lights off and leaving wilbur to sleep.

...

it was morning and the clock read 11 am. y/n got up and decided to check on wilbur.

he was still sleeping, his legs hung off the couch and he was still. he looked like a corpse.

"wilbur?"

nothing.

"wilbur?" y/n raised their voice a little.