Chapter 6

"Sophie! I'm here!" Amy called as she came up to her and Sophie's old house. No one ever came here anymore. 

"Amy! It's good to see you."

"The same to you as well. And who's this?" Amy asked, tilting her head at Arina. 

"My name's Arina! You're Sophie's sister, right?"

"That's me."

"So, what do you want to do?" Sophie asked. 

"We could get some ice cream. It's just a block or two away."

"That sounds great. I haven't had ice cream in years."

"What's ice cream?" Arina questioned.

"It's hard to explain. I think you'll like it though. Come on!" Sophie replied. They walked for around 10 minutes and came across the ice cream store, Mariposa Ice Cream. Sophie reminisced the feeling of cold coming over her as they entered the store. "What flavor do you want, Arina?"

"I don't know. What flavors are there?" she asked, and Sophie pointed them out on the menu. After analyzing the flavors, Arina said, "Can I have Cookies and Cream?"

"That's a good choice. I'll have one too." Sophie replied. "So, two Cookies and Cream and . . . ?" she turned to Amy.

"Make that three." Amy said, and turned to the cashier with their order. She returned quickly with three ice cream cones.

"Sorry I couldn't pay." Sophie said.

"Oh, please. It was my treat anyways. Besides, you don't have any human money, I'm assuming."

"You're right." Sophie said, and they walked out of the store.

"This is good! But it's really cold." Arina said.

"It's supposed to be, Ari. Or else it would melt everywhere."

"Oh. Well, what should we do now?"

"I'm really sorry, Sophie, but it's almost time for me to go back to Campus. My class is about to start."

"Ah, it's okay. Arina, say goodbye to Amy."

"Bye." Arina replied. "Sophie, can we visit again sometime?"

"Of course you can. When I'm available, of course." Amy replied.

"Yay!" Arina cried, hugging Amy.

"We should probably head back as well, Arina." Sophie said after Amy had left. 

"Okay. Today was fun, though!" Arina rambled, and Sophie tuned her out. 

"Come on. We have to get out of sight."

"Why?"

"Humans can't see us leap away, Ari."

"Oh. Right. Where should we go, then?"

"Most places around here are crowded. I have an idea." Sophie said, pulling Arina towards the San Diego Zoo. The inside would be busy, but she assumed less people would be outside. When they got there a few minutes later, she glanced at the Zoo, remembering where she had first met Fitz. She only sighed. "Okay. Here we go." Sophie called, and pulled out her pathfinder to the correct facet. She held it up to the light and she and Arina stepped into the beam it created.

Sophie and Arina went back into the house, and Sophie quickly changed out of her human clothes, as did Arina. Before she knew it, she fell into a deep sleep from the exhaustion from that day. 

Her dream started out peaceful, with her and Arina walking outside the house, but then, Biana appeared next to them. 

"Sophie, we need to go. Now."