chapter one

♤♡◇♧

The power of temptation lies within the desire to have what is being offered.

Temptation deceives you. What you see isn't what you get. Though Jeon Jungkook, a man in his late 20s, turns a blind eye and indulges in the temporary bliss and satisfaction as he rolls yet another dice and bets his life's work away.

♤♡◇♧

He was a man of wealth and status, his words taking great effect over others as their green eyes watched his every move

As his influence grew in the financial market, countless invitations from well-off shareholders and dynamic partnerships came flooding in.

He declined such offers immediately, his morals and conscience creating a barrier between right and wrong.

However this difference is often over-complicated, the whole concept is based off of each individual, and as one grows, their views and values follow along.

Soon enough, the money became overwhelming. This constant flow of income was just not enough for him. It couldn't afford what he truly wanted, what he dreamt of in the late hours of the night, what he himself, the young boy with a troubled childhood, tried to hide in the facade he calls his present self.

And so, Jungkook began to question himself, his worth to be exact, if he was doing the right thing, if his life was as great as everyone believed it to be.

Why should he, a successful business man rolling in pits of money, force himself to work hours on end for a company that wasnt worth his time?

He didn't need to support his sickly mother any longer, he didnt need to worry if he could afford to live another day, what he needed was an escape.

The invitations crumbled up in his desk bin were calling out to him, tempting him to have even just a taste of what freedom felt like. Relaxation never sounded so good.

And so, this barrier of his perception of right and wrong slowly dissipated. Thrown away to the side, with no value to his conscience.

He gave in to the temptation, rather into himself, and joined his "buddies" at the local casino.

There sat a group of men, many much older than himself, smoking imported cigars with red cards scattered across a green, felt table. Their voices blurred between the jazz yet your ears rattle as their throats sang in laughter.

Jungkook looked behind him, the red doors were pushed quietly by a young women dressed appropriately for such an occasion. He felt an instant wave of regret wash over him as she smiled politely. Though this was nothing he couldn't handle. He's dealt with this before, he could manage.