The White Room

I opened my eyes as I was
blinded by a bright white light. When my eyes adjusted everything around me was white, I had a white hospital gown, white tiles, white sheets and blankets, white chairs and a white bedside table. I traced the thin whitening scars on my arms. I lifted the blankets to see stitches over my deep cuts.
I immediately looked up
as the doorknob turned. A woman with a tight bun, jeans and a button down shirt walked in. She smiled to me. "My name is Mariah, I am your social services worker" she said outstretching her arm to shake my hand.
"I brought you a gift"
She said still smiling. She passed me a box with blue and red wrapping paper. I ripped the wrapping paper off and opened the box and pulled out a black iPod with headphones. "Thank you really, you didn't have to get me anything" I said. She gave me a devious smile and answered "Don't thank me, thank your new parents. They picked songs they knew you would like. They saw all of the posters in your room and are very excited to have a new punk rock daughter!" Wait hold on, new parents?! I don't want new parents, then again it maybe better then my parents. "Where are my real parents?" I asked. Mariah's smile dropped. "Well Adeline honey, your parents are in custody, but they aren't you REAL parents. You were adopted, your new family is your real family." She said with the most serious I've seen her in since she's walked into the room.
"I'm adopted?!"
I exclaimed. Mariah just nodded calmly. Well this raises millions of questions! Why was I put up for adoption? Why do they now want me 16 years later?! Mariah sat in silence until I asked who my father was. "It's a surprise you will leave next week, that gives you time to pack what you need, to heal up, and they've already decorated your room with posters and repainted." Mariah stood hugged me and left. I wondered what they looked like, are they nice, what kind of music do they like?

*Woop Woop I did an update*
My Instagram is billiejoeisaburrito