Text

10:37pm

[Sangwoo]: You up?

Yoonbum was startled by the buzzing of his phone on the nightstand. He was in his bed, nearly alseep, until the sudden noise sent a jolt throughout his body.

His fingers trembled as he typed a response.

[Yoonbum]: Uhm, yeah? Sort of.

[Sangwoo]: Come over.

Yoonbum blinked, shocked by both the speedy reply and the content.

Come over? Right now? I don't know- Is uncle asleep? Should I even risk it if he is?

[Yoonbum]: Right now?

[Sangwoo]: No, next fucking year. Yes right now.

Yoonbum took a deep breath as he weighed his options. He wanted to go, he really did. Anything to be with Sangwoo...

But what if uncle finds out? He might actually kill me then... and that would be the merciful option... But Sangwoo's house? At night? I wonder what he wants me to go over for...

[Yoonbum]: My uncle wouldn't like it if I left...

[Sangwoo]: Fuck your uncle.

Yoonbum flinched at Sangwoo's text, and was unsure of how to respond.

[Sangwoo]: You're a grown man, aren't you?

[Yoonbum]: Yeah...

[Sangwoo]: If you're lucky, you might get to see me naked again ;)

Memories of that morning came flooding back, and Yoonbum wasn't sleepy anymore. His heart began beating faster, and he could feel his face getting warmer.

He's just teasing you again... he doesn't mean it. There's no way he could mean it. And yet I still want to rush over there at the chance... ugh.

Yoonbum rubbed his face with his hands, trying to gather some sort of a decision on the matter.

[Yoonbum]: It's not nice to joke like that you know.

[Sangwoo]: Who says I'm joking?

Yoonbum smiled and blushed at the thought. Getting out of bed, Yoonbum listened closely for any hint that his uncle was still awake. He put on some jeans and changed the shirt he was wearing. Socks, shoes, and a jacket later, he was anxiously waiting by his bedroom door.

He couldn't hear anything except for the faint hum of the refrigerator in the kitchen across the hall. Delicately placing his fingers on the doorknob, he slowly opened his door and peered out into the hallway. As he got closer to the living room, he could hear one of those late night shopping programs playing on the television.

Uncle must have passed out in his chair. Getting out of here without waking him should be easy then.

—————

Sangwoo was sitting on his sofa, sort of watching something on the television, when a knock finally sounded at his front door.