chased and saved

the snow crunched beneath my feet as i ran- the sun had been setting for some time now and even if it seemed to be in slow motion the rest of the world sped by me , my mind muddled with panic and terror.

i didnt dare look behind me. i couldnt. i-i COULDNT. the only thing i tried to focus on ,  though it seemed impossible with my head spinning , was keeping tommy's body in my arms as i ran or rather trudged through the snow. he was heavy , way bigger than me. to be exact he's been a foot taller than me since he was 13 or so. 

now that i think of it...i hadent picked up my favorite kid SINCE he was 13 , which i failed at terribly by falling over. the last i remember being able to lift him ....must have been when he was 9- just before willbur took him to that van. that god dammed van. 

that smiling reckless boy had been withered away throughout the years. it made me want to scream  shout , blame someone- i wish i had known everything tat happened before...before...THIS. 

the reason tommy wasnt just running w/ me- in the same panic i was , screaming as he often did....was because tommy wasnt alive. 

dream had just murdered him as i walked into the cell.

i saw the lights of technoblades home up ahead-  tears pricked my eyes as i breifly felt safe....then i remembered why i was running...and who i was running from. 

Dreams footsteps behind me picked up speed- as if he realized how close i was to getting away with tommys corpse- i almost choked as i gasps for air. ide been running for so long i couldnt remember what my legs felt like , their numb and cold- my grip on tommy perpetually tight making my wrists and fingers ache.

the snow flurried past me as i kept running- i heard dreams feet crunch the snow behind me , my heart racing. i felt like puking. i felt like keeling over and passing out in the snow , like if i could just give in i'de be better off. no..NO- i cant- this isnt about me! this is about getting tommy away from dream. i dont care that hes dead he's still my kid and i'm not letting his murderer do anything to his body. i heard dream was interested in ressurection and i refuse to let tommy be a test subject. 

just as i had got determination back and became all too aware of how close i was to a sort of savior , a place to hide and be protected . just as i became aware of the ice growing on my cheeks and arms- as i became aware of how i was stumbling , narrowly avoiding falling...my legs gave out- and just at technoblades staircase...

i looked up , my eyes blurry as they filled with tears- i managed a "p-please." as the weight of tommys body on my back felt crushing. the snow being stained with tommys blood. warm. im warm and....i..im tired...my mind blurring...

it wouldnt hurt....

to take a...nap...

the world goes dark...

"who's out there! look i'm retired so fu-....who....JJ!" a large creature came down the steps- i...i remember knowing the voice. it picked me up and carried me inside wherever i ended up at....i barely remember...

i woke up in a bed i remembered though wasnt all too familiar with- warm and cozy , reminding me of my grandmothers quilts- how she would take them out of the closet and help me open up the pull out bed from the couch whenever my parents , siblings and i would sleep there for the night....but this couldnt be her house- i dont remember her having a fireplace...and i dont remember her home being a cabin...where am i...