i guess chased n saved part 2 or some shit

it had been a week- a week of pleading sam to tell me where dream was- what happened to tommys body. 

"im sorry but...i really can't tell you- youre just as unpredictable as ive heard willbur was i cannot trust you with that information especially after what happened last time!" he told me- not allowing me to be within ten blocks of the prison. 

i ran a hand through my hair- the black dye fading , showing my naturally copper hair. "sam you can't be serious. i NEED to get tommys body back before dream expiraments on it or-or WHATEVER he's gonna do. fuck its probably too late its been a week but i STILL need to get to him." i pleaded- 

blue birds passed above us , tweeting as they went. a gentle breeze being felt by everyone outside. i stared up at sam- i felt like he wasnt even listening.

and he most likely wasnt...

sam sighed- "look ide love to help you , sir , but i really  REALLY can't..." he told me. "now you need to leave...you can't kill me...and i dont think you wanna even fight...so leave. go home." he ordered. 

i felt like a child being told no by a teacher. i hated it. i gave sam a glare and gave up- a week of begging and negotiating meant nothing. i couldnt even use what technoblade had got me....unless i found dream myself.

i did in fact go home...and made a list of places to visit- to see where dream was hiding. i sat there at my desk into the late hours of the night writing down where he would be and what u would have to do to get there along with how ide fight him if it came to that. 

...i considered back up...but i dont know many people who would want to fight dream if i even asked the-KNOCK KNOCK-

i looked over at my front door , thats where the knocking was from. i rubbed the sleepiness from my eyes and sauntered over , not caring about my messy hair or dark circles. who could be here this late? i opened the door...

"jj are you alright?" the sweet voice of nikki definetly...made me feel better. she looked at me concerned , her hair in a messy low bun , scales on her cheeks. "i heard from george that you and sam had a fight? and where have you been? you never wonder off from town...but i went to give you some berries a week or so ago and you werent home." she had definetly been up for quite a while- debating whether to see me or not. 

i smiled at my old friend- "im alright...just a lot going on...i'll be gone for  while shortly...its been forever since we talked- come inside you look exhausted." i closed the door as she entered and sat down. 

"i do? well it has been a long week...i didnt get much sleep" nikki laughed to herself and ran her fingertips across the window-paine. feeling how cold it was from the outside air. "oh? what have you been doing , my dear mermaid-" i asked as i sat down myself- at my desk , i faced my chair towards nikki to listen to her , a rubix cube in my hands to fidget with.

she took a deep breath- "ranboos been enderwalking for a while and tubbos been qurentining because of his nuclear work so i've been babysitting michael. dont get me wrong i love that little guy but it does get difficult-" she explained "i havent dealt with children so young since...since" ...she trailed off. i knew what she was going to say.

"since tommy and tubbo were little?" i said it aloud for her.  a bittersweet feeling covered the room , like a light dusting instead of a thick coat. nikki looked out the window , avoiding my eyes and said "yeah...they were such rowdy children...im lucky michaels so calm...tubbo and ranboo are too".

i nodded " theyre pretty good dads...even if they arent always there for him." i recalled the many times tommy and tubbo were left to wander around the land- having free range to do as they wished with little adult supervison besides dream and his closest friends who monitored everyone.  "remember...that one time badboyhalo caught tommy climbing this massive tree- and just as bad was telling tommy to get down he fell? riiiight into a poison ivy bush?" i recalled-

nikki laughed-  putting a hand over her mouth as she did. "yes i remember that- i was watching from the lake while you picked flowers. i think EVERYONE heard him shout when he fell- tommy was alright though just very unhappy." she added to the memory. 

"he sure never climbed big trees again thats all i know-" i glanced at my papers....planning all over them.."hey nikki...would you help me with that...upcoming thing i mentioned?" 

nikki turned to face me , her hands in her lap. "what is it?" she asked me- already half decided to help me no matter what is was. nikki is one of the kindest people ive ever met.

"...im finding dream to get back tommys body...he deserves to be properly put the rest.." 

.

.

.

"...if fighting dream is what it takes to get the child back i'll do it...dreams controlled him for far too long." nikki nodded as she stood up. "...so...when do we leave?"