Chapter 3- Your Hair

Maroon isnt purple. So many people say that maroon is purple but it isnt. I dont have a profound thought tied to this but I just find it odd. Did you know that most men are color blind becuase when humans began evolution wemon used to hunt for fruit and needed to see what fruits were safe. You arent color blind, you dont have many flaws at all. Three to be exact, when you stand you lean more on your left foot, you bite your nails to the bone and you are allergic to peanuts.
    After you spoke to me I knew that it needed to happen again. But how? Well love, you are going to have to trust me. My grandmother is allergic to, isnt that sweet. We cant have any peanuts in our house after all shes the only one I got left, my moms no where to be found and my dad is long gone. I just got her, and you of course.
    I remember in 4th grade you would have to eat at a seperate table at lunch just to be safe. Sometimes, one or two people could sit with you but I was never one of them. You used to wear your hair in french braids every day but you stopped in middle school. Ur hair is really frizzy especially in the summer time, sometimes you would try to put it up in a bun but most of your hair ties werent big enough.
    On the way to school I stopped by the gas station to pick up a few things, a coffee an uncrustable and mint gum. Dont worry I am not going to eat it, ill just, put it somewhere. I found you at your lamp post once more, I walked up to you and gave you my pack of gum, you let me follow you to find mathew where I put, my something, in his bag.
    I walked my familiar path to the corner of the bathroom to wait for you to spit out your gum. But you never came? I walked towards the locker room exit door and hear Mathew muttering to himself,
"Jesus christ uhm ok-" He poured out everything in her bag which wasnt much, the interior of her bag was covered in white paint and a few unfinished string bracelets stuck to the outside. The package of gum I gave her spilled out, it was open. Mathew frantically rummaged thru her bag even tho everything inside was easily visible. Then, he pours out his backpack, at least three sets of tangled earbuds fell out followed by pencil shavings and a few pieces of cardboard. Along with this was my uncrustable.
    "Mathew what the hell?" I said  taking large steps towards them both, May was on the ground not moving, my research and experience told me that it took 1 to 2 minutes for the body to go unconsious. I could tell that she was trying to move around but she couldnt. Her face got red, not a good time for me to remember how beautiful she looked with a slight sunburn across her cheeks. I swung my bag over my shoulder and poured out a few papers and an epipen. I screamed at Mathew to move and he did but he was at a loss when it came to the expression on his face, he seemed just fine. I punctured her leg and her chest thrust upwards. Mathew grabbed his phone out of his pocket and started to dial, I slapped the hand out of his hands in a way that was much more dramatic than I had intended. His expression remained blank.
    Your eyes were watering but you looked up at me without any concept of reality and when it kicked in your eyebrows lowered and you looked confused. You stared at Mathew in anger, you looked back onto the ground and saw 'his' uncrustable.
"What-" You breathed in deeply, "What the hell Mathew"
I could tell that you noticed it on the floor. Your eyes were glossy and I could almost see the reflection of Mathew picking it up, now, he looked confused too.
"I honestly dont know how that got there and on top of that there is no way it could give u an allergic reaction you didnt touch it and most of the time you were even more than a foot away from it."
"Oh come one Mathew you couldnt even find her epipen what would you know about any of this stuff!" I exclaimed looking down at you as you stared at the both of us, you didnt say anything but I could tell you agreed with me,
"Do I need to go to the hospital?" You finaly asked.
"No," "Yes!" Mathew and I said at the same time.
"My grandma is allergic too I know how to take care of you, lets just go back to my house?" I asked nudging her slightly.
"Why the hell would she do that," Mathew asked as he picked up his phone once more.
"Its fine Mathew I cant afford the ambulance and hospital bills anyway." You explained.
I helped you up and even tho you stood up the right way your head was tilted and followed the rest of your body after a few seconds.
    I kicked the gum I gave you underneath the locker. Anyone with common sense would wonder, how did you have an allergic reaction to the sandwich and to that I say, you didnt. Some brands of gum are made in the same factory as other foods containing peanuts, some even go as far as to contain peanut oil. And take a wild guess on the type of gum I bought you?
    We walked passed the light poll once more,
"Do we have to walk?" You asked looking up at me,
"Yea, but you can get on my back if you want to, its not far at all." You took two steps onto the park bench and I turned around as you wrapped your legs around my torso, as I walked you pressed your cheek against the back of my head. Your face was warm as I had imagined but your red hair smelled different than I thought it would, it smelled like sour candy apple. I could even feel when you blinked your eyes slightly. You tapped your foot against my hips to the rhythm of my steps. The wind blew my hair into my eyes and you moved the hair out of my face. I blew air up into my hair and u scrunched up ur face while smirking.
    We turned onto my street and you hopped off of my back there are many steps leading up to my house, out of them all I think only one is in one piece. My house is surprising clean because that is all my grandma does if she ever leaves her room. She used to have an inhouse nurse but she stopped being able to afford it and we decided she didnt need it much after the cancer went into remission.
    You sat on the ledge of the sofa which was covered in plastic, I sat across from you staring into the fire place and biting my nails. Once I got a nail in my mouth I chewed it into tiny peices. I stepped off of the couch and tripped over myself, I walked towards the record player and pulled out an old milk bin full of albums. Before I could switch my gaze you sat your chin on my shoulder.
"What do you got?" You asked moving your fingers across the ripped carbord.
"Everything pretty much, old stuff and new stuff. Just whatever I can find laying around." Your gaze soften and you fell onto the couch.
"You ok?" I asked looking at you as you stared up at the ceiling.
"Yea just stood up to fast, feel a little light headed." You sat up and said, "Play something."
I grabbed a random record from the box, ' The Black Skirts '. The cover showed two people in an old photo standing hand in hand in wedding attire . The first song was called 'Everything' . It started off lightly, just enough rhythm to sway to. I sat next to you and you pushed your knee against mine, swaying me back and forth. The light in the room shifted onto your face and you squinted looking into my eyes. You laughed at me, not sure why but it was worth it to see your smile.
I got up and opened my freezer door, it was almost completely empty but above was a bucket of ice. I took the ice and put it in a plastic bag. I grabbed a paper towel and put it over the bag.   
    When I turned around you were laying your head down on the couch once more. I took two steps down onto my knees, the carpet left a red imprint on each knee. I placed the ice on your head and you flinched but you closed your eyes. I fell onto my back and layed next to you on the ground. The sun shined through the sunroof and we both layed there, eyes closed, but content with our surroundings.