Choosing!

At Kim's - my mother who wasn't my real mother apparently - I had the normal nightmares only this time I remembered them upon awakening. A Rick going ballistic and killing everyone. Another Rick pulling me way from him.

I sat straight up. What happened to me in this universe? Why was Rick replacing me here? I found my way to the Smith house and let myself in. The garage was empty but I expected that because it was the middle of the night. I found the portal gun tucked in Rick's lab coat pocket.

I messed the dial until I found the other dimension. Leaving the gun, I stepped through the portal. Rick was hugging a beer. Really? I slung his arm over my shoulders helped him to the bed. As I stood to leave his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back to the bed. However, it wasn't a forcefully action and was kinda cute. He burried his face in my hair. Eventually sleep found me and it was peaceful.

"Sweetheart?" I woke up warm and we were in the same position as before, with him spooning me.

"Tell me what happened to her." I said staring at his room. I felt his hand tense and want to draw me in more but refrained.

"My life style became too much for her. I thought when she was gone, I could focus on my work but I only focused on boozes." I rolled over to face him.

"Can I stay here?"

"I thought you choose that asshat." He looked crossed.

"He lied to me. You haven't once." He seemed to process that. "Please, let me stay."

"You don't have to beg me, sweetheart." He smriked. "Unless you're into that sorta thing."

"Already regretted it." I tried to stand.

"Nooooo." He whailed pulling me down. "Yes, you can stay, with me."

"Thank you."

"Of course." He leaned in to kissed me. The door flung open.

"Hey, Rick can you- ____! You're back!"

"Kinda in the middle of something Morty." Rick throw a pillow at Morty and I knew everything was gonna be okay.

Word Count: 355