001

𝟷𝟿𝟺𝟶 𝙷𝙸𝙶𝙷𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙷𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝚂

𝙾𝚂𝙰𝙸𝚁𝚄𝚂 𝙺𝙰𝚂𝙸𝙼 𝚂𝚈𝙰𝚁𝙴𝙼𝙴𝙼𝙿𝙷𝙸𝚂,𝚃𝙴𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙴𝙴_____________

𝙾𝚂𝙰𝙸𝚁𝚄𝚂 𝙺𝙰𝚂𝙸𝙼 𝚂𝚈𝙰𝚁𝙴
𝙼𝙴𝙼𝙿𝙷𝙸𝚂,𝚃𝙴𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙴𝙴
_____________

Paper bags and papers blew by Osairus's feet as he walked down the block with his earbuds in his ears playing Polo G. He clutched his old iPhone 6s Plus in his pocket as he walked passed the local crew and ignored the shouting that was coming from across the street. He took a quick glance over at the crew and noticed that each one of them was sporting new G-Fazo's. He looked down at his feet and sighed at his creased up pair he had since he was in 8th grade and continued walking only to be stopped.

"Aye look at that nigga feet! Nigga got the 1992 edition fazos, that boa got them beat up stomp the yard ass fazos on!" Clowned one of the boys in the crew, his name was Tyshawn, and for no particular reason he chose to tease Osairus.

"Mane leave that young nigga alone, nigga like sixteen and you twenty, mane how you sound?" said another one of the boys Tashawn, he never had it in his heart to pick on Osairus because every time he looked at Osairus he saw himself in him.

Osairus held the bag of groceries in his left hand and turned up the volume in his earbuds so he couldn't hear the boys as they talked. He wasn't no punk don't get him wrong, he stood up for himself if need be, but in this particular case he had common sense to keep his mouth shut—he couldn't risk getting shot by Tyshawn or possibly beat to a pulp by the entire crew when his family and little brother Osaan needed him.  Osairus never really knew what Tyshawn's problem was until an old head in the neighborhood spilled what sounded like the truth— Tyshawn's heart was full of envy and jealousy, and this time his jealousy was placed on Osairus who in Tyshawn's eyes had it all—from the athletic ability to the family who genuinely loved him to the weight he held around the neighborhood effortlessly. Tyshawn jealousy mainly revolved around the weight Osairus held in Memphis and this was due to the fact that he held essentially none,  while Osairus was known for being an upcoming track star, he was known as a dime boy and he hated the fact. 

What Tyshawn was jealous of, was not something worth being jealous of in Osairus's opinion due to the conditions of his lifestyle. Osairus and his family lived in a small and cramped 3 bedroom apartment in the slums of Memphis barely making it by. For the apartment to only be three bedrooms, the house was packed with seven people. One room belonged to his parents, another belonged to Osairus and his little brother Osaan, and the last room belonged to his three cousins—Kesean who was sixteen, Koby who was six like Osaan, and Kaycee who was thirteen.

"I know you hear me talking to you bruh, what you too good to talk to a nigga, think you hollywood now that you a luh trackstar now huh?" Tyshawn egged on louder than Osairus music.

"Mane look! I'm just tryn' make it home to my peoples, I don't know what cho problem is big bruh but cool out." Osairus finally spoke up making Tyshawn look at him clearly taken back that he had actually gotten a response.