Mera x Female!reader

Sorry if this sucks lol. I'm gonna do my best, this is just gonna be fluffy btw.
I'll practice my angst writing today as well. <3
Started - June 9th at 2:30 pm
Finished - June 9th at 3:30 pm
-------------------------------------------------

I tap my foot nervously. It's been awhile since me and Mera met up, and I planned to confess to her today. Almost as if on cue, The coffee shop doors swing open, I looked over. I smile, spying Mera.

She's short, with long blue hair and pale skin. Honestly she's beautiful. I feel my stomach fill with butterflies as she glances over at me. "Hey y/n." she says casually, Walking over to me. I smile and wave "Hey Mera!" I say as she sits down in the chair across from me at the small table I chose. It was seated right by one of the large windows, I swear this shop was more window then wall.

"What's got you so excited?" she teased, a small smirk crept onto her face. "Ahhhh...uhm..." I stuttered, feeling my cheeks warm up. "Hmm?" she teased me again "Oh wait, did your crush finally confess to you?" she asked me, her eyes wide. I wave my hands in front my face, shaking my head "N-no...I don't think my crush even likes me, if I'm being honest." I sigh, cupping my cheek in the palm of my hand. "It's probably another hopeless-love-type-thing..." I say closing my eyes. I kept my smile but really I felt a bit down.

Me and Mera were great friends but I feared that we were destined to be just that. Friends. It wasn't fair that I loved her so much... "I'm sure they love you." Mera's voice called out, pulling me back to the real world. "I mean, you're one of the funniest people I know. Second to me, of course." I giggled at her "I must agree, you are the queen of sarcasm." I teased.

She rolled her eyes, a dusty pink forming on her cheeks. "Ok though, how many toes have you broken in the past week?" I joked. Mera gasped pretending to be offended. "How dare you!" she snickered "...4" she said a bit ashamed. I laughed a bit louder then I intended too, snorting and covering my mouth as I looked around. People stared at us. "Ok are we going to order or just cause a ruckus all day!?" Mera giggled "Hm y/n? Hm?" Me and Mera both laughed.

⊱┄┄ ❤️ ┄┄⊰

I glanced towards the river that flowed beneath us. The deep blue reflecting yellows and oranges. Me and Mera crossed the stone bridge holding hands. I could tell she was nervous, To be honest, it was a little cute to see her once pale cheeks a soft pink.

We had spent the day shopping at various stores, Spending a nice day together. Just me and her...It was...sweet. In her childhood, I knew she had it rough, she would never tell me much though, let alone act weak. It hurt me seeing how much she had been through, making me want to protect her. I wanted to hold her tight letting her know it would all be alright.

I glanced over at Mera, realizing how flushed her face looked. "Mera..." I said looking over at her beautiful face, my feet coming to a halt. "Y-yes?..." she asked, turning towards me. I took a moment letting my eyes drink up her features, admiring her. I think she noticed as her face turned a deeper shade of red. "A-are you going to say any...thing? Or just sit there, staring at me." she asked through gritted teeth. I chuckled looking at her. "Mera, oh Mera..." I sighed, a gentle smile forming on my face. I pulled her towards me, Pulling her into a gentle, calming hug. My arms wrapped around her like a blanket. I pulled her close to my body, calming her down.

I felt her racing heart calm as she melted into my arms, I could feel her smile on my shoulder. "I love you, Mera." I whispered sweetly into her ear. She chuckled, "I could tell." she replied, teasing me just slightly.

Bonus :
"You what!?" I cried pulling away from her. I felt my face flush, had I been that obvious? No! Mera is just...Mera's just smart, I'm not obvious haha-

"what?" Mera teased. "It was pretty damn obvious," She giggled at my embarrassed face. "Don't worry though, I feel the same." She said reassuringly. She ran her delicate hand through my hair, calming me down almost immediately. I sighed "As long as you feel the same..." I mumbled, feeling myself melt in her arms.

-----------------------------------------
teehee this was cute <3
800 words if you count the bonus lol
main story tho is about 700-ish.

I actually really liked this! I don't think I captured Mera's personality too well? I'm sorry I'm not that big of a Mera fan :(
But I tried my best!
I wanted her to seem softer since you and her are friends lol.

Fyi this was before the museum incident.