16. Seventeen

"Now don't go over there and act like the jealous boyfriend--be cool about it," Jack advised.

"Jack," Hudson addressed with a face of an authoritarian, "Do me a favor, don't lecture me on how to handle my relationship."

Jack lifted his hands slightly in defeat. "Suit yourself."

Hudson carved a path with his broad shoulders to Storm, his Storm. He was on a mission to save her from the immoral pair but rather to save her from herself. Without a word, he grabbed her free hand and pulled her away. "Have some respect for women douche," he said with hardened eyes at the sleazy college dropout.

After feeling a few jabbed elbows and stepped over shoes, they arrived back where Jack stood, casual as day, sipping on his beer with a poise of an older boy whom had roamed these college bars many times before.

"You're ruining a perfectly good night! Come on dance with me," Storm pleaded, pulling Hudson's arm towards the dance floor again.

Hudson yanked his arm away. His pure green eyes turning into the eyes of a moral judge . "Do you know what their intentions were?"

Jack almost choked on his beer. "Dude, you're not supposed to tell her that."

"Shut up Jack! This is between me and Storm."

"Can you not be such a snoozefest for one night?" Storm snapped. "It's my birthday and I don't want you or anyone to ruin it for me!"

Hudson chuckled. "Storm, you've always hated your birthday..."

"Well, thats changed...among other things." Her gaze fell upon Jack whom now felt cornered.

There was new friction between the three of them and Jack felt every razor sharp edge of it.

The trio grew quiet as the blaring rock music and bright neon lights took over. Hudson froze, unknowing what to do or say to disrupt what he saw before his eyes. This was new and it made him quite uncomfortable seeing his best friend and his girlfriend look at each other this way. After almost taking Storm's virginity yesterday, he was afraid he had awoken a lust in her he wasn't ready to put out.

"Come on Jack, let's dance." Storm reeled Jack into the crowd, leaving Hudson baffled. She had always been adventurous as a child, and maybe a bit of a troublemaker but now as a 17 year-old teenage girl he was beginning to see a different side of her he did not know.

An uncomfortable Jack took another anxious chug of his beer as Storm began to dance on him. Her hips were shameless, moving as if they had a mind of their own with the intention to compel every man at the bar. She raised her long waves of hair for relief from the sweat beads accumulating on her fine neck. The place was sticky from the humid summer air escaping the open entrance. Moving her petite hourglass body, she could feel Jack's hands lightly place themselves on her bare waist where her glimmering top had risen just enough to expose the sides of her stomach.

He was treading carefully with her as if she were to shatter if he held her too roughly.

It drove her mad, to see him treat her so differently than the many girls she presumed he coerced into his den.

During her pursuit of mild seduction, Jack fell miserably to her charms, his eyes grazing each artistic curve her bronzed body drew out into the air. He held her lightly like you would hold a ripe rose, knowing his boundaries but also aware of the attractive girl she was growing into. Her hand suddenly reached the back of his neck pulling him closer, releasing a radiating heat of pheromones between them. He breathed in her cotton candy scent rising from the sweat of her neck as she pulled even closer, now feeling her body brushing up against him-awakening things in him he never thought would happen--not with her. Not with Storm.