Chapter Seventeen: Furious Prince

"Your...your most royal highness." I bowed my head, feeling his gaze setting me ablaze with a palpitating heart. Nikolas tightly grasped my uninjured wrist with his strong arms and furrowed brows, I gulped down in fear and trepidation and locked my eyes with his.

Nikolas pulled me closer and caressed my cheek, pulling me into a kiss. My cheeks began to heat up with a fluster, the embarrassment I felt right in front of the many knights and servants making it worse. I pushed him away, breaking the passionate kiss we shared for just a moment and darted my eyes down.

"I miss you, my dearest (y/n)." Nikolas said softly, putting a strand of my hair behind my ear with his finger stroking my cheek. "Ah, Nikolas darling! I'm so glad to finally have you home!" the queens voice shouted with ecstasy, I looked around to see her with opened arms and striding footsteps towards Nikolas.

I stepped backwards and bowed my heart, greeting her majesty. The king and prince Aleksander came following suit after queen Amanda's arrival in front of the palace, they all greeted me and Nikolas with smiles and laughter on their faces, except for Aleksander whom I avoided eye contact with.

My thoughts were locked out and was still recovering from the chagrin that was caused by the crowned prince. "What's with the face, lady (y/n)? Is there something wrong?" Aleksander asked, cutting me off guard. I looked up at him and back to Nikolas who was occupied with the king.

"I'm alright, your highness." I nervously chuckled, forcing out a small, yet reassuring smile. "What are you doing, Aleksander?" came a hoarse tone from Nikolas, stepping forward in front of me like a barrier with his hand gripping on my burnt forearm.

I groaned in pain and yank Nikolas away, hiding away the burn behind me. "Is something wrong, (y/n)?" Nikolas turned around quickly looking at me with concern and eyes that wondered around my figure.

"Oh, it's nothing Nikolas. I just...got surprised, that's all." I replied back, brushing it off as normal. Nikolas tilt his head to the side and snatched my injured arm, a sullen expression came across his face like a bolt and looked at me sternly. "Who did this to you, (y/n)?" he asked, gently touching the burnt mark with hands tracing the edges of it.

I pulled my arm away, "It was Liv, my assistant. But don't worry, it was just an accident." I explained myself with hands waving for him to stay calm. Nikolas's blue eyes looked around, observing around the room as it stopped.

I followed his gaze to see him eyeing Liv with cold eyes that made me shiver. Nikolas took a step forward, and then another until I pulled on his sleeve. He turned his head to the side, peering right at me at the corner of his eyes with a troubled expression.

"Please don't, Nikolas. It's really fine." I sighed and went closer with a hand resting on his tensed shoulder. Nikolas turned to me with his body, placing a finger to my chin. "Just say the word, my dearest (y/n) and I'll punish her in an inevitable death." he whispered with a small, darkly smile.

The words that came out of Nikolas's mouth made me shiver down to my spine but I could only nod my head and backed away from his touch.

"Princess Eirene, I'm glad that you were able to make it to the palace." the king rejoiced while I looked at the sight in front of me. Princess Eirene, a tall and beautiful woman with a lavishing gown and a charming smile. Somewhat, it made me feel smaller. To be beside a princess like her, I would feel nothing but a commoner and not a future queen.

"Nikolas!" Princess Eirene waved a hand, walking towards him and pecking him on the cheek. I balled my hands to a fist and faltered away, "Please don't call me by my name." Nikolas mumbled, pushing princess Eirene away from him.

I sighed to myself quietly and turned to my heels, going for the tables to busy myself. A hand stopped me and pulled me back by forced, I turned around to see Nikolas with a perplexed look. "Where are you going, (y/n)?" he rolled his eyes and snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me forward, "You think you can just go off like that? Not a chance." Nikolas scoffed.

Princess Eirene looked vacantly up and down to my physique, while I stood there awkwardly. "It's a pleasure to meet you, your royal highness." I bowed my head, breaking off the silence. "You must be Nikolas's wife, I presume?" she raised a brow, I nod my head in respond.

"Now, please enjoy the party with the guests. I have matters to attend to with my wife." Nikolas said pulling me away from the crowd. Music began to play as guests arrived within seconds at the front.

I staggered from trying to keep up the pace with Nikolas, but he only kept going. "Nikolas! There's guests at the ballroom, shouldn't you be there?" I questioned as he twist the door open inside our chamber.

He pulled me inside and hugged me tightly, his face buried on my neck as his breath tickled me. "I'm not going out there, unless you will." he fumed, not moving an inch away from me.

I hesitantly placed my hand to his back, doing a circular motion as to soothe him. "I will, can we go now?" I replied. He pulled me away with a cheery beam and nod his head, I cast a smile and turned around.

Before I could twist the doorknob open, Nikolas locked it shut. I froze still, feeling like I wasn't able to move. He pushed my hair away from the back of my neck and kissed me softly, "Let's spend some quality time together, even just for a few minutes (y/n)." he whispered in my ear.

He took my hand away from the doorknob and pulled me slowly to the bed. Nikolas put both of his hands to the side while he towered over me. He leaned close and clashed his lips against mine. I was startled and could do nothing but let him lead me on, he softly took my arm and placed it to his cheek.

Nikolas pulled me up and slowly reached for the laces from the back. Before he could untie it, a knock on the door was heard. Nikolas groaned in annoyance and let go of me. I straightened my hair and stood up, looking red as a tomato.

"Come in." Nikolas sternly answered from the knock while combing through his hair with a hand. "Your highness." Liv curtsied, her usual attire nowhere in sight as she wore something more nicer and formal. Nikolas stared at her coldly, the expression on his face no longer visible. "What do you want?" asked Nikolas.

"His majesty asked if you will be attending the ball, your highness?" Liv asked with a grin, not paying attention to my presence at all. "No. Please tell father that I'll be staying in." Nikolas replied and turned away from Liv, "But I thought- he cut me off with his index finger to my lips, shushing me.

"Please go, I have matters to attend to with my wife." Nikolas glared as Liv exited the room with defeat in her eyes, mumbling words to herself. Nikolas locked the door close and unbuttoned the buttons of his shirt, "Now, where were we?"