Chapter Three

Alessandro Romano POV-  (before the officers showed up at Bella's door)

       "Cazzo, those Germans stole another one of our shipments," I said, laying my head on the marble desk. It had been three days since I got a full night of sleep but what could I say, being a mafia don is a tiring job, let alone being the don to the largest mafia in the world, the Italian Mafia.

       "Alessandro Romano speaking," I said a split second after my phone started vibrating. Silently, waiting for the person on the other end of the line to say something, I hoped it wasn't someone telling me the Germans blew up a warehouse.

       "Hi, I am calling to inform you that the guardian of Isabella Romano has sadly died, and I was wondering if you'd like to take custody of her, if not she'll be put into the foster care system." 

        Tears pooled in my stormy grey eyes as I listened to the lady who I assumed to be a police officer told me I could get custody of my la mia piccola farfalla back (my little butterfly). I could finally get her back after my father sent her away for 'protection.' Even though all of us knew she'd be safer with us, we couldn't go against father's requests, since he was don.

        "Sir, are you still there?" the officers questioned. 

        "Yes, sorry, I'll gladly take Isabella, when can I pick her up?" I asked, thinking about what the boys would think of having Bella back. There's always been a hole in our hearts since she's been gone. After I became don, I had search parties all over the country looking for her, but nothing ever came up, it was like she dropped off the face of the Earth. 

        "You can pick her up tomorrow at *insert police station name,* see you then," She concluded the conversation. 

         I quickly stood up and made my way out of the office, into the kitchen. 

         "Boys, can you come into the kitchen please? I have something to tell you guys," I said into the intercom that's connected to all the rooms in our house. 

          In a matter of 2 minutes everyone came down the stairs. They all looked at me awaiting the news, knowing I don't call everyone down unless it's important. 

         "Okay so today I got a phone call from a police station and Isabella is coming back to us," I said, sounding excited in the end. They all looked stunned and shocked by the news. Heck, Elijah and Marcello were basically sobbing and Adriano was fighting back tears. Everyone turned their heads to the left at the sound of someone banging their fist on the kitchen island.

         "She doesn't belong here, she's not a part of this family!" yelled Dante. 

         "Oh shut up Dante, we all know before we got sent away, you were the closest to her," Marcello said to him. 

        "Dante, give me your phone, you will respect Isabella and she is a part of this family." I said authoritatively. Dante scoffed and reluctantly gave it to me.

 Dante scoffed and reluctantly gave it to me