PROLOGUE

Isha Kim came back from work to her little cozy apartment feeling tired and sour all over her body. She flinged her bag in a corner and collapsed on her bed and immediately fell asleep.

While in her sleep, she was torn between her thoughts in a dream-like state, where she was enveloped in the darkness of her past.

She is from an average family and the only child of her parents, due to the complications her mother went through during her pregnancy, she was unable to conceive again and that left a big hole in her father's heart because he wanted more than one child and also a male child too.

Growing up, she never felt her father's love, he was never really fond of her and she grew used to it, but thanks to her mother's warmth and support she was a little happy.

Being from an average family whose financial status is barely stable, made it more difficult when she aced her final exams to college.

Her father was not really impressed when she told him she  passed the exams, instead he said "I can't afford for college and besides you are a girl, you don't need college, it would have been easier if you were a boy."

A storm of emotions rushed to her head and tears formed in her eyes "fine, I will do it on my own" she said and started crying has she ran to her room where she cried herself to sleep.

Isha joggled between jobs and with the help of her mother she went to college, but it became difficult balancing her part-time jobs with her studies and also the money her mother sends to her was not enough.

During her struggles to make ends meet Morris Benson a third-year student became very interested in her, they started dating, he was caring and financially supportive with her fees through college and she graduated the top of her class. She grew to fully trust, love and depended on him for everything.

At the age of twenty-four she got married to Morris as a stay at home wife because Morris didn't want her to work, he said his man enough to provide every of her need.

In the first six month of the marriage everything was peaceful except for the fact that Morris became more controlling, but she could clearly remember he has always been controlling even when they were dating, so she was used to it.

But then, her mother in-law moved in with them, Morris mother never liked Isha right from when she was dating her son, but because her son insisted, she had no choice but to accept with a condition that Morris gets a prenup, and even though he was against it, he did it without letting Isha be aware of what she was signing when she signed the prenup documents.

Mrs Benson felt her son deserve better than Isha, she wants someone that can be said to be on the same level as her family's status, she see's Isha has a gold digger who wants to rub her son of his fortune.

With Isha's mother in-law around, Isha never had a moment of peace, she complains about anything and everything, she's not satisfied with Isha's cooking or her dressing, she ridicules Isha at any chance she get.

Due to Mrs Benson's influence on her son, Morris Begins to mistreat Isha, comes home late every other night, does not eat her food and started seeing other women his mother introduced to him, neglecting Isha who was a month pregnant all alone with his troublesome mother.

This went on for months, until a faithful night Morris brought home his mistress and taking advantage of Isha's timid personality, making her  run errands for him and his mistress, and in the process, due to stress and the workload, she had a miscarriage. And that is when he realized his wife had been pregnant for five months.

Isha was heartbroken and in that moment she wanted to die, she would wispher to her self every night in tears "my child, my baby, why? Take me instead I don't deserve to live, I have failed my child, take me too."

Morris Benson regretted his actions, but now he can't redeem himself, because Isha hated his gut, when he went to the hospital to see Isha, she threw things at him and ask him to bring back her child.

After a few months of recovering from the child's trauma and discharged from the hospital, Isha filed for a divorce. Isha couldn't stand seeing Morris everyday because she hated him now.

"You want a divorce?" said Morris, "but I already apologize and besides it's not all my fault the miscarriage happened, you didn't tell me you were pregnant"

Isha was furious at the words coming out of his mouth, "what? Are you even listening to yourself? That was our child, my baby," Isha said as she burst into tears "after all you put me through, you have the nerve to say that? You disgust me" said Isha and walked out of the room.

Just then Mrs Benson came in and told her son "sign the divorce papers already, can't you see she's making it easy for you" Morris felt lost "but mother, she's my wife."

"not anymore" said miss Benson "you are my son and is meant for greater things and she's just weighing you down."

Morris Benson signed the divorce papers and left nothing to Isha due to the prenup, and the three years marriage came to an end.

At that moment Isha's heart was full of grief and hate and she felt lost, but then she made up her mind to be strong and not let anyone take advantage of her ever again.

Isha Kim could not go back to her parents house so she decided to stay with her friend Mia, while she looked for a job.

she came across a job opening which she was not quiet clear of the job description, but she went for the interview and surprisingly she was chosen, but it was an offer for a contract marriage.

Isha Kim got married to Jamie Ryme, a CEO who wants to quickly get married to solve some family disturbance, but when he saw Isha Kim, he was Infatuated and chose her has his contract wife.

As time goes by Jamie fell in love with Isha but Isha treated it has strictly business and didn't receive anything from Jamie, other than what was in the contract.

"I love you Isha Kim" said Jamie "we don't have to terminate the contract, let's renew it and truly get married" he moved closer to Isha as he talked, Isha was about to respond but then his lips were placed on Isha's lips as he kissed her, Isha was caught off guard and shocked, because for the pass two years they have been married this has never happen, he respected her space, even though he has expressed how he felt countless times, but he never kissed her by force like he was doing right now.

Isha quickly pushed him away and said "Mr Ryme what is wrong with you? We clearly agreed on the term of the contract and you know I don't feel the same way" Isha glared at him infuriated.

"I am sorry for kissing you without your permission, but am not sorry for having this feelings for you, for loving you, do you know how hard it is to control? but I will respect your decision and know I will always be around if you need me" said Jamie with a sad look on his face.

They both signed the divorce documents and the marriage was dissolved. With the money from the marriage contract Isha got back on her feet, got an apartment and got herself a job at a prestigious company where a new chapter of her life unfolds.

Hi Guys

This is a prologue I wrote to get you guys on track with the story.

If you are curious about what happens to Isha as she joggles between her past and present life, sit tight as I take you on a ride.

Support me by voting, sharing and commenting, letting me know your thoughts on the story. Thank you( ◜‿◝ )♡.