Chapter 5: Aftermath of the Zillo

21 BBY - 6 Months After Geonosis

.oOo.

It had been two days since the 327th Star Corps had left Coruscant. Three days since Aayla helped Master Yoda defeat the Zillo Beast. It had been three days since Bly had talked to Aayla, which was unusual since they had been in hyperspace for two whole days.

.oOo.

Bly walked past a group of shinies in the mess hall and sat down next to Caro. On a typical day, Bly and Caro would talk about everything, but Bly hadn't said a word since they left Coruscant.
"You okay, vod?"

Bly looked up at Caro. "Fine." He shoved a protein cube in his mouth.

Caro laughed. "Yeah right. You haven't talked to anyone since we left Coruscant. Everyone, even the shinies, have noticed it." Bly kept staring at his plate of protein cubes. "Can I give you some advice, vod? Not as your brother, or even as a soldier, but as your best friend? Good. Go talk to her, vod. You're making yourself, and quite honestly, all of us angry." Bly said nothing. "If it helps, Reno and Sid made a bet on who will talk first. Reno has his credits on the General. Do us all a favor and make Reno lose a bet for once, okay?" Caro stood up and left, leaving Bly to think.

.oOo.

Aayla and Bly hadn't talked in five days. At the most, Bly had said three words to anyone. Any time Aayla would walk in a room, Bly would walk out.

What did I do?

Aayla needed a plan.

Bly goes to the training room every night, maybe I could ambush him there? No...  Maybe... Definitely.

Just like every other day of the war, Bly went to the training room at 11:00, even if he technically wasn't allowed to be there so late. He had the perks of being a commander. Bly walked in and the lights were still on. Stupid shinies. Per-usual, Bly started with the treadmill. He had just finished .6 of a mile in a minute and a half when he saw a certain Twi'lek Jedi standing directly behind him. Bly got off the treadmill and started to walk away, but the door to the training room locked.

You did not just do that.

Bly turned around. Aayla was in her typical outfit standing behind Bly, who was just in his G.A.R. blacks.

"Why are you ignoring me, Commander Bly?"

Sorry Sid, looks like you owe Reno. Bly didn't respond.

"What did I do wrong?" Bly, once again, did not respond. "Did I offend you? Was I rude to you? Did I hurt you? What did I do?" Aayla genuinely believed she did something to hurt Bly. "Fine, leave. Keep ignoring me. Goodbye, Commander." Aayla walked quickly past Bly and left the room.

What did I do?

Aayla collapsed on her bed in her quarters.

Did I say something? Did I-.

"One message." The automated voice on Aayla's datapad said.

Meet me in the training room.

Aayla slipped on a sweater over her 'pajamas' and walked towards the training room. The second she walked in, Bly stood up from his spot on the bench.
"I'm sorry. I should have talked to you."

"What did I do?" Aayla asked quietly.

"It's just..." Bly rubbed his face. "It's nothing."

"So you ignored me for nothing over the last five days?" Aayla's voice filled the room.