Chapter 17 - dispute?!?!

Katy pov
It's been three weeks tsince Elizabeth got out of the hospital and We have been really good with no arguments other than the small ones like always. I walk into the living room and as she hears me walk in she clicks off of something on her phone quickly and hits the lock button. I walk over and sit beside her on the couch as she continues watching the movie on tv. "You okay?" I ask and she just nods without looking at me so I tilt her head towards me with my fingers. "You know you can talk to me about anything right sweetie?" I ask and she nods again but this time biting her lip to keep from letting the tears threatening to fall, fall down her face. I wrap my arms around her and pull her closer to me as she snuggles into my side laying her head on my shoulder. We fall asleep like this.

Elizabeth's pov
I sit on the couch reading the article about Katy and I on my phone over and over again. Is it right? Does she really just take pity on me? I feel the tears come to my eyes and as I wipe them I hear Katy walking into the room. I quickly click off of the page I'm on and lock my phone. She sits beside me as I pretend to watch the tv. "You okay?" She asks and I just nod afraid that my voice will crack if I speak at the moment. I hear her ask me something as she tilts my face up the her but I just nod to whatever it is and she just pulls me over closer to her. I snuggle up beside her resting my head on her shoulder. After I am sure she is asleep by her light snores beside me, I sneak off of the couch and slip into the bathroom so I can let my emotions out. I grab my razor as the voices in my head taunt me 'do it you will be better off because she pity's you'
I throw the razor down and grab the blade as I sit on the side of the tub. I put the blade to my skin and just let it hover there for a second before actually putting a little force on the blade to my wrist. I feel the blade dig into my flesh and I slide it across multiple times. After about fifteen cuts I stop and grab a red rag from the cabinet and wet it with warm water. It takes about five minutes for the cuts to actually slow down the bloody low at all. Once I get them to stop I slip on a oversized hoodie and pull the sleeves down over my hand and pull my phone out of my back pocket. I check the time and see that it's 5:30 a.m. So I crawl into my bed and lie down trying to look asleep aware that Katy will be up at any time looking for me since I disappeared. About an hour of laying in bed I hear the creak of the wood near my bedroom door. I hear Katy enter my room, "Elizabeth get up for school." She says and I groan as I sit up in bed. "Can I stay home?" I ask already knowing that she will say no. I change and then she drops me off at school and heads home. I walk in the door and go to my locker to get my books for first period and get pushed my Natasha, the leader of the cheerleading squad. Her and the rest of the squad walk by giggling and I just pick my books up. She walks back bye and knocks them on the floor again. "Oops" she say giggling and I glance at her. "You think it's funny huh?" I say and she grins, "oh the freak finally talks but too bad she can't fight" she retorts bitchily. "Natasha leave me the hell alone and go fuck Dave or something" I say and lean down to pick up my books. " don't talk to me like that" she say as I stand back up and turn to leave. She slaps me across the face making my face burn. I look up as she smirks at me and ball up my fist behind my back. She finally speaks again "bye freak" and kicks me in the leg. I feel the anger fuming inside of me and just can't stop it as I turn around and punch her in the nose. I get kicked, punched and spit at before a teacher actually notices when I punch her again and hear a loud CRACK. "Ms.byars and ms.hudson, follow me to the principles office." Mrs. Graowle says in her shrill voice running down the hall to us. We follow and sit in the waiting chairs until the principle comes to us. " we called your pare..." I cut him off "you called Katy!!" I shriek and he nods "yes she said she will be here in a few" he replys and I clench my jaw looking down. After a while I hear a door open and look up to see Katy walking into the office. We make eye contact for a second and I see anger in her eyes along with a hint of disappointment so I just look back down to my shoes and play with a loose thread on my shirt. The principle calls us back and I slowly stand up and follow an even angrier Katy into the office. We sit beside each other as the principle sits opposite of us. "Katy you are aware that Elizabeth as in a fight so we would like to discuss one more thing with you." He says and I try to sink down in my seat. This is going to be a long lecture.