Chapter 18 - grounded

Katy pov
I am sitting home working on writing a new song for my album when I get a phone call from the school. I quickly grab the phone and answer. "Hello is everything okay?!?!" I ask in a panic and I hear a chuckle " everything is fine ms. Perry except Elizabeth May have broken another students nose during a fight today" he says with an exhausting sigh. "I'm on my way" I say into the line and hang it up. On the way there I just think about what her punishment will be. I walk in the door and Elizabeth looks me in the eye but then looks back down as she proceeds to playing with her shirt hem. After a moment Elizabeth's principle,mr. Jackson, calls us back into his office. Elizabeth shrinks as we both barely listen to the speech he is giving. Once its time to leave Elizabeth stands and walks behind me slowly getting into the car. I start the car and start to drive off. The car is dead silent so I look over at Elizabeth and she quickly turns her gaze out the window. I sigh, "fight huh?" I ask casually even though I am fuming on the inside. She turns and I keep my eyes glued to the road but glance at her every few seconds she sighs too. "I'm sorry" she said barely above a whisper and turns back around. "Elizabeth look at me" I say and she just keeps looking out the window. I turn the radio on and go to 96.1 as one of my songs come on. I hear Elizabeth singing to it softly.

Elizabeth pov
Once we get home I run up to my room. I hear Katy running up the stairs trying to reach me so we can talk eh more like argue. She walks into my room and I sit on my. She sits straight in front of me and sighs. "What the hell were you thinking?" She asks and I smile, "the girl she....." Katy cuts me off " I don't care what the girl did, why the hell did you break her nose???" She yells at me so I stand up and walk out of the door. "Elizabeth get your ass back in here!" She yells coming after me. " I grab my phone and go towards the door. Katy grabs my wrist and spins me around and I jerk my arm away getting in her face. "Leave me the hell alone if you aren't going to let me explain my side of the story." I say and she looks at me and I mumble " you freaking slutty popstar" she looks at me and a new level of anger flashes in her eyes. That's when I feel my cheek start to burn. I look at Katy and see the guilt in her eyes but choose to ignore it and run to my room.
~next morning~
I get up and walk downstairs to find Katy on the couch. I sit beside her and look at her. She looks at the tv as if I'm not even here. " hey Katy" I say and she doesn't even flinch so I move and mumble "bye bitch" she looks well more like glares at me and starts to talk, "Elizabeth I'm so tired of you calling me names and fussing with me. I'm your mother you're not mine and I will tell you what to do and you WILL listen." She says slowly and scary. I wince and whisper back "okay Katy". I get up to go and she grabs my arm as I tense up which she must have seen. "Baby I am not going to hurt you I promise" she says searching my eyes with her own. She pulls me down beside her and we cuddle for about an hour. I get up and stand in front of her on one knee starting to tell her why I got in a fight but she starts to giggle so I look up as she starts to speak. "Elizabeth, no, I can't marry you you are my daughter." She shrieks playfully and I start to giggle as she is full on laughing. "Oh but why Kathryn dearest I thought we could be a perfect match." And then I get back serious as does Katy. " Katy yesterday I got knocked down twice then slapped and then kicked so finally I hit the girl once only to be beaten by her whole crew and then I hit her again and I guess broke her nose I'm sorry I just didn't know what else to do and I just panicked because I would have been beaten to death" I say and she frowns "I wish I would have just listened yesterday" she say and I giggle but she gets back serious and frowns. "You are still grounded though, hand me your phone." She adds and I frown, "let me delete something first" I say and her eyes go wide and I giggle. "I'm just picking Katy Here" I say as I hand the phone to her turning it off. I walk to my room glad everything is ok.