GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION

In this wonderful world that is filled with magical and mystical beings. Races of all living in harmony and peace. But within this world, lives a certain bunch of would be adventurers who had, through many struggles and strife, achieved plenty of impressive feats of victories like slaying a Demon King General and preventing the destruction of a whole city from a literal walking fortress that was made for destruction and chaos. With feats like these, they were rewarded for their contributions through the act of throwing them in jail for the crime of terrorism.

Kazuma: 'I can't fucking believe this. They could at least be a little grateful for us saving a literal town from being wiped off the face of the map. But no.... they decide to put me in jail.'

Kazuma says as he sat inside a cold, dark cell that was provided for him by the authorities in charge. He sighed in disappointment and annoyance as he shivered from the nights cold embrace.

Kazuma: this is some next grade bullshit...

He says with a pout before a voice beside him spoke up.

Y/n: tell me about it. Like, I still don't know why I'm here locked up with you too.

The boy in black says as Kazuma looks to his side to see Y/n inside the cell next to him. To explain further why these two are behind bars and charged with subversion against the state, Lets flash back to a while ago.

~~<<FLASHBACK>>~~

Sena: I'm Sena, the public prosecutor assigned by the kingdom. Satou Kazuma. You are hereby suspected of the crime of subversion against the state.

The woman, who is now known as Sena, says as she shows an official document for Kazuma's arrest. Kazuma stood in place. Wide eyed and mouth agape as his brain was processing the whole situation still.

Aqua: Hey, Hey! What'd you do this time, Kazuma!?

Aqua says in a panic as she starts to shake the boy.

Y/n: Aqua, stop it! You're gonna give him a headache!

Y/n tells her off as he pulled Kazuma out from her grasp.

Kazuma: t-th.... thanks du-

Y/n: THE HELL'D YOU DO MAN!!?

Kazuma was cut off from his thanks as Y/n was now the one shaking him vigorously as he yelled his question. Amidst this, Emerald looked at the two as a comically large sweat drop, drooped down from his head. Kazuma then pushes himself out from his partner's grasp as starts to tell him off.

Kazuma: Stop it! I didn't do shit!

Y/n: then why are you being arrested then!?

Kazuma: I don't fucking know!

They start to argue before Sena stopped them from getting too heated by getting their attention through the sound of her clearing her throat. The two then stopped and looked over at her.

Sena: the coronatite that was teleported at your instruction had obliterated the residence of a lord.

She explains. Kazuma, along with Y/n and Aqua, reacted to the information by having their mouths agape and eyes widen.

Y/n: Shiiii- you fucked up man. Big time.

Y/n commented at his friends misfortune.

Kazuma: how was I supposed to know that the the literal ticking time bomb would, just so happen, land on some rich lords area!?

Kazuma reasoned.

Aqua: well, you should've! Now look what happened!!

Aqua says as the two slowly turn their heads towards her as they both had a look of confusion on their faces.