Room no. 1(Unedited)

"So Professor, you liked the house? Do you want to buy it?" The broker said with expectant eyes.

To tell the truth, this house seemed a little bit creepy to Luo Yunxi. The house was abandoned for a very long time, like 3-4 years. The walls were full of molds, windows were broken, the sewerage system was damaged, the water system was not working. Though it was daytime, the house was dark and cold. There was also a damp smell.

Luo Yunxi looked at the dead and filthy garden outside and sighed in his heart. He was unable to afford a better house than this one with his meager savings.

Though this house was a bit creepy, it met all his requirements. It was in a quiet and peaceful locality. The duplex house had a garden in front of it, and there was also a small backyard. The rooms were enough spacious and all the rooms had windows. This old creepy house had a garage too. Moreover, his university was closer to this locality.

'If the house could be repaired, it might look well,' Yunxi thought. He said to the broker, "Would the price cover the repairing cost? Because I cannot give you more than this amount for this creepy-looking house."

The broker looked at the actual owner, who was desperately trying to sell the house. Because of all the scary rumors, he could neither give it to rent nor sell it. This gorgeous but silly man agreed to come and see the house despite listening to the rumors. It was his chance to get rid of this tumor of his life.

So he nodded quickly in agreement. He just wanted to sell this ominous house as quickly as possible.

Luo Yunxi was not silly; he simply didn't believe in superstitious things like ghosts or bad omens. The broker didn't tell him anything. He met an old lady coincidentally, who lived in this neighborhood. She warned him saying that this house was haunted. People had seen shadows lurking inside the house. This house brought bad luck and death to whoever went near it. But Realistic Yunxi ignored the lady's warning and finalized the deal. After a week's renovation, he could move into the house.

Luo Yunxi was 33 this year. He had been a Professor of physics at T University for the last eight years. His wife divorced him seven years ago and took away their only son with her. Since then Yunxi had been living alone. He didn't want to marry again as his ex-wife did. Luo Yunxi is a human being too. So there were times when he felt extremely lonely and he missed his son too much. His mother was trying to set up another marriage for him but he simply chose to be alone.

A week passed in the blink of an eye. Meanwhile he was very busy packing his things and buying the necessary things for his new house. Besides he had loads of examination papers to assess.

When he reached his new home, he was surprised.

'Is it the same house I saw before? It doesn't look creepy at all,' Luo Yunxi smiled with satisfaction.

The previous owner had worked hard to polish this house and made it shine like a diamond

The previous owner had worked hard to polish this house and made it shine like a diamond. The windows were all intact. The water line was working perfectly. The sewerage system was okay. The inside and outside were painted with bright colors. The garden was clean. The Movers & Packers company discussed with him and put his furniture inside the house as his wish.