Part 5

Bucky helped guide you into the apartment. You arms completely filled with plushies he won you from the crane games at the arcade.

"How is it that I've known you for this long and I didn't know you were a master at crane games?!"

Bucky started taking some from your arms so you can head to your room, "Guess it never really came up?" He opens your bedroom door for you and as soon as you walk in, you just drop your arms, causing the plushies to fall to the floor.

Bucky snorted as he began to pick them up and place them on your bed, "How dare you treat our children that way!"

"Our children?"

"Yeah, Peaches! I'm the dad and you're the mom and these are our babies!"

You picked up an elephant plushie and held it up beside Bucky's face, "Ah yes, he has your ears." He swat the plush away, making you laugh. He then pulled you by your jacket, you stood in front of him, chest to chest.

Staring into his blue eyes, you see something you've never seen before, something different. Bucky's eyes looked so...soft. They weren't filled with mischief like when he was annoying you, or lust when he was with his dates. They were just soft.

Bucky's eyes glance down to your lips and you see him do so. As soon as he moves a millimeter towards you, you step back and clear your throat, "Um, I'm gonna use the bathroom."

"Sure," he murmured, his shoulders sagging down in disappointment. When you went to the bathroom, Bucky slumped onto your bed. He picked up a purple teddy bear and hugged it to his chest. Why couldn't he just tell you how he felt?

______________

"Hey, Peaches?"

You look down, Bucky's head in your lap, his eyes focused on the tv, "Yeah, Buck?"

"Do you...Have you ever been in love?"

"No. I can't say I have. Why?"

Bucky sighs and sits up, turning to face you, his legs criss-crossed, "I think I'm in love, but I don't know how to tell her. She's so amazing, and kind, and thoughtful. She doesn't take any of my bullshit and-and she always wants what's best for me. I don't want to ruin what we have if she doesn't feel the same way."

You tilted your head to the side in curiosity, "How do you know that you love her, Buck?"

"No matter how hard I try, she's always on my mind, since the first time I met her. Yeah, I've been with other women before, but even then, she's always deep in my head and my heart. She makes me happy and I feel like I could really be myself with her. I could see a future with her."

"Well if she's great as she sounds, then I'm sure she'd still want you around if she didn't return your feelings. But I don't know anyone who'd not fall for you, Buck," you reach out and place your hands on his chubby cheeks, "You're an annoying piece of shit," both of you pause to chuckle, "But you have a good heart. I mean, yeah you were a bit of a fuckboy too, but you still did your best to treat the women you spent time with some respect," you shook your head, "Anyway, what I'm saying is that this woman, whoever she is, I just hope she treats you right and gives you the love you deserve."

Bucky nods and let out a deep breath, "Okay. Then, I guess I should tell you something."

"What's up?"

"I'm in love with you," he breathes out and you remain there staring at him with a shocked expression on his face, "Can-Can you please say something?"

You pointed to yourself, "Me? You're-You're in love with me?"

He nods, looking away from you, "I have been for a while and I've recently just come to terms with it."

"Is that why you-"

"Stopped sleeping around? Yeah."

"And those times where you helped me, made me food-"

"I not only wanted to make up for the all the nice things you've done for me and the girls I've brought over, but-but I wanted to show you that I pay attention; that I care about you."

You softly smile at him, "I like you, but-but not like that. At least, maybe not yet? Honestly, I could see myself with you. You see me, understand me like no one else, but at the same time, I've never been in a relationship before. I don't want to lead you on or get your hopes up. So much is going on-," you shake your head, "I'm sorry. I'm rambling."

"It's okay, Peaches," he gives you a reassuring smile and rubs your knee, "It's a lot. I know," he let out a deep breath, "Maybe, we can try it out? I mean, I've never been a relationship before either, not a serious one. But maybe we can take this day by day? We can learn and grow together? See where it takes us?"

You nod and let out a chuckle, "I'm kinda scared...but in a good way?? Does that make sense?"

"Perfect sense," he takes your hand from his knee and brings it to his lips. He kisses it and rubs it softly with his thumb, "You make me want to be better, Peaches. I'm willing to go through this journey with you, even if you don't want me by the end of it."

You stare at Bucky and see that look in his eyes that you saw earlier. You can see the adoration, the love, but you could also see how serious he was about this, about you. And it made you feel a little bit more at ease.