Chapter One

Birdpaw felt a soft jab at her belly. She let out a growl and turned over, wrapping her fluffy tail around her face. "Get up Birdpaw, you have border patrol." The mew of Blossompaw made Birdpaw open her blue eyes. She blinked and yawned before sitting up, looking over to the other tabby. "What do you care about it, you're being made a warrior today." Birdpaw growled, flicking her ears. 

Blossompaw blinked and then narrowed her light blue eyes. "You can't hate everything that relates to Yellowtail and Moontail, Alright!?" The older apprentice spat and turned, stomping out of the den. Birdpaw watched her go and rolled her eyes, getting up and also padding out.

Birdpaw stopped for a moment and breathed in the fresh air. She looked over to her mentor, Firelight. He was a tom with short snowy fur and light amber eyes, and honestly Birdpaw slightly had a crush on him, though of course she never did say. Happily Birdpaw padded over to her mentor, a smile on her face. "Who is going on patrol with us?" She asked as soon as she was beside him. Firelight flicked his tail to Streamowl and Fawnpaw, who were making their way over.

"Fawnpaw! Come on, race you to the fallen trees!" Birdpaw yowled happily and raced out of camp, the other apprentice racing a tail length behind her. Since the two fallen trees were just outside of camp, it didn't take long for the two to jump around it. "I win!" Birdpaw cheered. Fawnpaw smiled and nodded. "I'll win soon, just you wait." Fawnpaw's ears pricked and she turned, seeing their mentors pad towards them. "Come on, were going to the Amberclan river border." Firelight mewed, padding off towards the direction the river was; Streamowl close behind. 

Birdpaw and Fawnpaw scrambled off the trees and raced after them, before trotting to the river. Birdpaw looked up at her father before suddenly speaking "Just wait until I see an Amberclan cat! Those dawn eaters won't know what's coming for them when I attack them." She jumped up and swipped at the air, but Firelight stopped her. "No such thing will happen without my say or Moldstar's. Do you understand?" Birdpaw suddenly stopped and stared at him crossly. "What if they steal prey again like that one time a couple moons ago?" Birdpaw asked, puffing her fur out.

"That was when you were a kit Birdpaw, and it was fixed." Streamowl mewed, making Birdpaw stopped and look at her paws. "I-I'm sorry." She mewed when he was finished. "Don't be Birdpaw, now you know. Lets just get this done with, Blossompaw's ceremony is at Sun-high." Firelight mewed, softly licking the top of Birdpaw's head. Birdpaw blushed silently and sat down, still looking at her paws. Fawnpaw giggled, though their mentors padded off to remark the border. "Try not to blush to hard Birdpaw." Fawnpaw teased. Birdpaw quickly looked up and playfully tackled Fawnpaw. "Hey no fair!" Fawnpaw mewed happily and the two of them laughed.

***

The clan had finally settled down as Blossompaw stud beside Moldstar, slightly shaking with nervousness. Moldstar looked at her calmly before turning to her mentor, Watersand. "Watersand, has Blossompaw learned the ways of being a warrior and learned the code?" The bright orange she-cat nodded. "She has." Moldstar nodded, turning back to Blossompaw. "I, Moldstar, leader of Oakclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn."

Moldstar went on. "Blossompaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" Blossompaw nodded. "I do." "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Blossompaw, from this moment you will be known as Blossomfur. StarClan honors your kindness and bravery, we welcome you as a full warrior of Oakclan." Moldstar rested her muzzle on the apprentice's head and Blossomfur respectfully licked Moldstar's shoulder. The rest of the clan started to cheer for Blossomfur. Suddenly Birdpaw felt tired, more tired then she had in awhile. "Tell Firelight I went to rest, I don't feel so good." Birdpaw whispered to Fawnpaw and slipped away from the clan, not grabbing any prey as she entered the apprentice's den. She curled up in her nest, closing her eyes and difting off to sleep.