Salty Hates Me

River pov
Me and Akiteru finally got to the gym for practice. "Oh, and I forgot to mention, Tenma's legacy and your bro, kinda hate each other." I tell him casually and look away. "What!?" "I mean, not really hate, but, he's just as short so..." We both laugh a bit and enter the gym. "Alright magets listen up!" I shout. They all jump a bit and run over. "Today we have aguest, try not to hit him with a volleyball, I'm looking at you Salty." I tell them. They look suprised, even salty. "Come on in Akiteru!" I shout behind me. I know one thing, salty looks mad, probably at me for bringing his brother. It was funny.

Akiteru pov
River called me in. I walked in and kinda just stood there smiling awkwardly as my little brother glared at me and River. "Hey, Tangerine, Blueberry milk boy, show our guest the freak quick." She says grinning evily. I shiver, she scares me sometimes. I go to sit on the bench as the others just stand on the edge of the court. My brother is still emiting his hateful energy. I look back to the two on the court and see one start to set. I watch, amazed as the orange haired one runs and spikes with his eyes closed. "Wow!" I exclaim as River smirks evily again. The gleam in her eyes as she looks at them, she looks excited again. Im glad.

River pov
I look at Salty who's still emiting that hateful energy and sniff the air. 'Ah, unresolved trauma, my favourite kind.' I think rubbing my hands together, excited for the drama that's soon to come. "Sooo, unresolved trauma is fun, but do you plan on resolving it ever?" I ask Salty as I help him with some stuff. Even for the best players on the team I have a little one on one practice. I do first years one monday, second years tuesday, third years wednesday, setting on thursday, receiving friday, and if theres an extra practice I help them with anything else. He looks pretty mad, but you can see in his eye he's sad to. He huffs and glares at me. Hos look screams 'I hate you'. "I'll take that as a no." I say and begin to smile as I have a plan forming. I continue to help him with receives and blocking for a bit. After I help Salty Green Sugar comes over. He was a bit confused by the name at first. "Can I know why my name is Green Sugar now." He asks with a questioning look on his face. "Easy, you have green hair, and your really sweet, plus Suga is already Mama Sugar." I tell him. He looks a little shocked before smiling and getting back into position for practise. Practice went by pretty quickly and when it was finally over me and Akiteru went back to the campus together. "By the way, how are your classes going?" He asks. I have a really hard major, but I really love it. "It's going pretty good, but studies, volleyball and coaching can be a bit stressful." I tell him. I got into this college on a full volleyball sports scholarship but it's still a bit hard to balance. I also work a part time job. I really love what i'm studying, but, that doesn't take away the four hours of studying I have to do tonight as well as the three page essay due next week and the other smaller sheets of homework. Guess were pulling all-nighters this week. Lucky I recently stalked up one energy drinks and coffee. "How about you?" I question him. "Buisness studies aren't very hard, but they are a bit boring from time to time." He tells me. He plans on being a normal office worker. Though I think it's a bit basic and boring I support him with that. Beside, all three of us had enough excitment for a lifetime in our third year, but, that's a story for another time. We finally get back to the campus and bid eachother goodbye for the night. I walk to my section of the dormatory and quickly make my way to my room. The sun was just going down and we're lucky we made it back before curfew. I walk into my dorm and set my stuff down. It was pretty basic, a bed, a desk, a mini fridge, and some other items for decoration and storage. I look over at the picture the three of us took in our third year and sigh, thinking back to my home. It's true I'm Japanese, but I wasn't raised in Japan my whole life. I moved here in my first year of highschool. Truth is, I used to live in Scotland. I smile at the thought before going over to my desk and getting my papers and computer out of my bag. It was a messenger bag made of leather and brown fabric. My computer was a laptop that was covered in stickers. I thought it was pretty cool. I finally stop to get a look at my phone as notifications go off. I look to see a text from Tenma and another from Yuu, both telling me goodnight. I smile and respond with a 'goodnight' to each before oging back to studying. It's true, I miss Scotland alot, but I don't regret meeting the people here. I do plan on going back there to visit, maybe move there agian one day. The best part is telling people who don't know alot about Scotland that the national animal is a Unicorn. I laugh at the thought. It was always a funny thing to me. The minutes pass into hours and soon it was five in the morning and I had drank three monsters and a coffee. I should really get a better sleep schedule, but hey, I'm a college student so who cares? I begin to get around for the classes I have today and pack my things up. I may love my career choice, but dang I really hate studying. It's something me and Yuu have in common.

(Hey guys, long chapter what do you think? Comment what you want Rivers major to be and tell me what you think of this bit of backstory.)